Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB80 Signed by Governor Corbett!

Thanks to everyone's support of this bill, it has been signed into law by Governor Corbett. Municipalities can now be held liable for firearms laws on the books which are in direct violation of the state's preemption laws. To link to continuing discussion on the new law, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old February 8th, 2008, 11:00 PM
PAFOA Gold Supporter

(Philadelphia County)
ShakeyDad has a reputation beyond reputeShakeyDad has a reputation beyond reputeShakeyDad has a reputation beyond reputeShakeyDad has a reputation beyond reputeShakeyDad has a reputation beyond reputeShakeyDad has a reputation beyond reputeShakeyDad has a reputation beyond reputeShakeyDad has a reputation beyond reputeShakeyDad has a reputation beyond reputeShakeyDad has a reputation beyond reputeShakeyDad has a reputation beyond repute
Default need help with S&W 457

Howdy, I inherited a SW 457 from my uncle. It came with no manual, and I am trying to clean it. When I rack the slide back, I can't seem to be able to get the slide stop cam to come out. With my Star bkm, it has a notch in between the safety notch and the slide stop to take the tension off the slide stop cam for easy removal, but the smith doesn't. So when I rack it back, the farthest back it goes is as far as the slide stop, which makes it impossible to get the cam out. I don't know if it is just stuck or what, but it is a royal pain in the ass !!SW457.jpg If anyone has a solution, I would greatly appreciate it. Click on image to enlarge.

Marry you, and ruin it all ? I say let's play in sin. ~Michele
Do ya like warm oil massages ?~Me
As long as it's gun oil.~Michele

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old February 9th, 2008, 01:46 AM

(Berks County)
gold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: need help with S&W 457

I hope this is right........

remove magazine

clear and check chamber....

rack slid back until the slide stop notch lines up with the BEGINNING of the slide stop...and slowly from the other side of the pistol push on the round part of the slide stop that is on that side of the pistol

the slide stop should now come out.

remove the slide stop

slowly let the frame go forward

remove the recoil spring from the bottom of the barrel lugs

pull the barrel lug slighty towards you UP and slighty forward

that should do it

let me know if my memory was correct
Old February 9th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Grand Member

(Delaware County)
soberbyker has a reputation beyond reputesoberbyker has a reputation beyond reputesoberbyker has a reputation beyond reputesoberbyker has a reputation beyond reputesoberbyker has a reputation beyond reputesoberbyker has a reputation beyond reputesoberbyker has a reputation beyond reputesoberbyker has a reputation beyond reputesoberbyker has a reputation beyond reputesoberbyker has a reputation beyond reputesoberbyker has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to soberbyker Send a message via Yahoo to soberbyker

Here's a link to a place that sells the manual for your sepcific gun for $2.99

http://www.gundirectory.com/more.asp...228&gun=Pistol

Or you can try this link from the S & W web site for general manuals ....

S&W Handgun Owner's Manuals

This link looks like the manual that includes your model and there are instructions for field stripping in it.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...ectionId=10504

Bill
Old February 9th, 2008, 12:59 PM

(Berks County)
gold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Bill....

good post there

and my memory seems to have been intact for once on that field stripping

guess the aricept is working lol