Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB2011 and HB1243 Updates

So far, there hasn't been a 2nd Consideration vote on either of these bills. WE NEED TO KEEP UP THE PRESSURE, and continue to contact our legislators - ask them to tell House leadership to bring these bills to a vote! Ask them to vote YES on HB2011, and NO on the Universal Background Check amendment. In addition, the FOAC is requesting support for an amendment proposed to HB1243 (Mental Health Records for Firearms Purchases) that, if passed, will allow HB1243 to restore firearm rights to those who have recovered from a mental illness.

For more information and updates on these efforts,
CLICK HERE

For legislator contact information,
CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old February 1st, 2012
Grand Member

(Perry County)
WWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond repute
Default NRA Endorsed firearms insurance?

I got this email today about firearms insurance that is NRA endorsed.
Here's a link:
http://www.locktonrisk.com/nrains/ar...ninsurance.com

Anyone use it? Is it worth it?

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old February 1st, 2012
Grand Member

thefirstndsecond has a reputation beyond reputethefirstndsecond has a reputation beyond reputethefirstndsecond has a reputation beyond reputethefirstndsecond has a reputation beyond reputethefirstndsecond has a reputation beyond reputethefirstndsecond has a reputation beyond reputethefirstndsecond has a reputation beyond reputethefirstndsecond has a reputation beyond reputethefirstndsecond has a reputation beyond reputethefirstndsecond has a reputation beyond reputethefirstndsecond has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NRA Endorsed firearms insurance?

I know what they say about home owners not covering guns or you needing a rider to be true.

I would like to know if the NRA covers everything or do you have to go through home owners first?

Anyone ever make a claim on the NRA insurance?

FOAC; NRA Endowment Member
Old February 1st, 2012
Grand Member
PAFOA Bronze Supporter

(Chester County)
tl_3237 has a reputation beyond reputetl_3237 has a reputation beyond reputetl_3237 has a reputation beyond reputetl_3237 has a reputation beyond reputetl_3237 has a reputation beyond reputetl_3237 has a reputation beyond reputetl_3237 has a reputation beyond reputetl_3237 has a reputation beyond reputetl_3237 has a reputation beyond reputetl_3237 has a reputation beyond reputetl_3237 has a reputation beyond repute

If you want gun insurance I would recommend Collectibles Insurance.

See my post at http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/835...ml#post1029822 (Gun Insurance Question)

Not only did I find them cheaper, no requiring any s/n or even a list but they also implemented a rider to ALL their policies to cover your carry pieces that I actually penned and they adopted!!! http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/772...tml#post960601 (Extra Insurance on your toys??) .

Know any other insurance company that cooperative?

Disclaimer: I have no financial interest or relationship with Collectibles other than as a highly satisfied policyholder.
Old February 1st, 2012

(Allegheny County)
K.C. has a reputation beyond reputeK.C. has a reputation beyond reputeK.C. has a reputation beyond reputeK.C. has a reputation beyond reputeK.C. has a reputation beyond reputeK.C. has a reputation beyond reputeK.C. has a reputation beyond reputeK.C. has a reputation beyond reputeK.C. has a reputation beyond reputeK.C. has a reputation beyond reputeK.C. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWGunslinger View Post
Anyone use it? Is it worth it?
I'm also interested hearing what others have to say. My wife and I visited our new state farm insurance agent today and he said they offered "Personal Articles Policies". It Sounded pretty good but I'm not giving serials numbers.
Old February 1st, 2012

(Chester County)
workingmanjeff has a reputation beyond reputeworkingmanjeff has a reputation beyond reputeworkingmanjeff has a reputation beyond reputeworkingmanjeff has a reputation beyond reputeworkingmanjeff has a reputation beyond reputeworkingmanjeff has a reputation beyond reputeworkingmanjeff has a reputation beyond reputeworkingmanjeff has a reputation beyond reputeworkingmanjeff has a reputation beyond reputeworkingmanjeff has a reputation beyond reputeworkingmanjeff has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly - I Have had experience with NRA firearms insurance

They explained to me that they are not "primary" insurance coverage, they take up where your homeowners or renters insurance leaves off.

They were very helpfull and responsive over the phone - mailed claim forms out right away - followed up after i sent paper work in right away - paid very timely - no complaints on them.

I cant say same for my homeowners insurance company....

Jeff
Old February 1st, 2012
Grand Member

thefirstndsecond has a reputation beyond reputethefirstndsecond has a reputation beyond reputethefirstndsecond has a reputation beyond reputethefirstndsecond has a reputation beyond reputethefirstndsecond has a reputation beyond reputethefirstndsecond has a reputation beyond reputethefirstndsecond has a reputation beyond reputethefirstndsecond has a reputation beyond reputethefirstndsecond has a reputation beyond reputethefirstndsecond has a reputation beyond reputethefirstndsecond has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.C. View Post
I'm also interested hearing what others have to say. My wife and I visited our new state farm insurance agent today and he said they offered "Personal Articles Policies". It Sounded pretty good but I'm not giving serials numbers.
State farm wanted me to list all firearms by serial number and have receipts.

I checked into the NRA insurance, but didn't know how they worked out.

FOAC; NRA Endowment Member
Old February 1st, 2012

Metaldemon7 has much to be proud ofMetaldemon7 has much to be proud ofMetaldemon7 has much to be proud ofMetaldemon7 has much to be proud ofMetaldemon7 has much to be proud ofMetaldemon7 has much to be proud ofMetaldemon7 has much to be proud ofMetaldemon7 has much to be proud of

WOW, which State Farm is that? My agent went over my whole policy with me. My nephew used to work for him. He is in the National Guard, and ask to go to the range to shoot my AR. We had a blast. He does know that once a year my brother, and I exchange CD's with photos of our houses, and everything in them. We do that because I had a fire about thirty years ago, and you would be surprised what you forget to put on an insurance claim. Pictures are also good proof. I also have a fire proof filing cabinet in a cement block room in the basement with all my records, including photos, and serial numbers. We raised the coverage on my guns, and have sinkhole protection.
Old February 1st, 2012

(Montgomery County)
PA Traveler has a reputation beyond reputePA Traveler has a reputation beyond reputePA Traveler has a reputation beyond reputePA Traveler has a reputation beyond reputePA Traveler has a reputation beyond reputePA Traveler has a reputation beyond reputePA Traveler has a reputation beyond reputePA Traveler has a reputation beyond reputePA Traveler has a reputation beyond reputePA Traveler has a reputation beyond reputePA Traveler has a reputation beyond repute

Search for a post on building a range on private property and the discussion on insurance.

In the thread it is said that State Farm is highly inconsistent in how they treat firearm owners. They actually leave it to the agent's discretion, with no consistent home office policy.

Several people had their homeowners and liability insurance dropped, without recourse, as soon as the State Farm agent discovered that they owned firearms.
Old February 1st, 2012
Grand Member

(Delaware County)
c45man has a reputation beyond reputec45man has a reputation beyond reputec45man has a reputation beyond reputec45man has a reputation beyond reputec45man has a reputation beyond reputec45man has a reputation beyond reputec45man has a reputation beyond reputec45man has a reputation beyond reputec45man has a reputation beyond reputec45man has a reputation beyond reputec45man has a reputation beyond repute

I looked into the nra insurance program recently. I did not compare their rates to too many other companies. As I recall, their rate to insure firearms from loss, theft, fire damage was about 14 dollars per 1000 dollars of coverage per year. Before doing anything, I was going to inquirer regarding whether or not the loss of a firearm would be replacement value, or value as a used gun at time of claim, which of course would be a lower dollar payment. Many years ago, I did have firearms stolen and the coverage was replacement value, but it was not nra insurance.

A few years ago I did compare the nra rates which were lower that other riders on home insurance policies which were billed at 17 dollars or more for each 1000 in coverage. Without the rider on the policy, the insurance company may not pay anything for the loss or theft of a firearm, or minimum much like what the insurance companies pay for jewelry losses.

Last edited by c45man; February 1st, 2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old February 1st, 2012
Grand Member

customloaded has a reputation beyond reputecustomloaded has a reputation beyond reputecustomloaded has a reputation beyond reputecustomloaded has a reputation beyond reputecustomloaded has a reputation beyond reputecustomloaded has a reputation beyond reputecustomloaded has a reputation beyond reputecustomloaded has a reputation beyond reputecustomloaded has a reputation beyond reputecustomloaded has a reputation beyond reputecustomloaded has a reputation beyond repute

Fuck STATE FARM anything. 5 years and 10K out of pocket in lawyer fees to recoup my loss.

My current insurer is super awesome....I have 25K worth of rider insurance for firearms, safe, etc...cost to me is pennies.

CL