Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB80 (Formerly HB 1243, Preemption Law Changes) Is Off to the Governor for Signature!

Thanks to everyone's support of this bill, it has passed a concurrence vote in the House, and is now off to the Governor's desk to be signed. To link to the latest discussion on this effort, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old January 30th, 2011, 04:07 PM

(Lancaster County)
reb. has a reputation beyond reputereb. has a reputation beyond reputereb. has a reputation beyond reputereb. has a reputation beyond reputereb. has a reputation beyond reputereb. has a reputation beyond reputereb. has a reputation beyond reputereb. has a reputation beyond reputereb. has a reputation beyond reputereb. has a reputation beyond reputereb. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Requirements to buy AR15?

I am looking to purchase an AR15 here shortly, but am unsure on what the requirements are?

I was in a little trouble when I was 18 but have been fine since (no felonies, no violent crimes.) I don't want to go somewhere and try to buy one only to be declined and look like an idiot. I was young and dumb, looking to hopefully get my old lady into shooting so we can both go to the range!

Thanks!

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old January 30th, 2011, 04:09 PM
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Lycoming County)
o1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Requirements to buy AR15?

the requirements to buy an AR are no differant than the ones to buy any other firearm. so if you are legal to own a gun you can own an AR
Old January 30th, 2011, 04:18 PM

(Lancaster County)
reb. has a reputation beyond reputereb. has a reputation beyond reputereb. has a reputation beyond reputereb. has a reputation beyond reputereb. has a reputation beyond reputereb. has a reputation beyond reputereb. has a reputation beyond reputereb. has a reputation beyond reputereb. has a reputation beyond reputereb. has a reputation beyond reputereb. has a reputation beyond repute

I've never bought a gun before. I just wasn't sure, and like I said I don't want to look like a goof trying to buy a gun if I can't.
Old January 30th, 2011, 04:50 PM

(Lancaster County)

Well I read through the links posted in this thread: http://bit.ly/eRAa6H

and I can't find anything that would throw a red flag, is there anyone that could run a check for me? I'd be willing to pay.

Thanks for the help!
Old January 30th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Grand Member

ErSwnn has a reputation beyond reputeErSwnn has a reputation beyond reputeErSwnn has a reputation beyond reputeErSwnn has a reputation beyond reputeErSwnn has a reputation beyond reputeErSwnn has a reputation beyond reputeErSwnn has a reputation beyond reputeErSwnn has a reputation beyond reputeErSwnn has a reputation beyond reputeErSwnn has a reputation beyond reputeErSwnn has a reputation beyond repute

You can go to the PSP (Pennsyvania State Police) website and do a background check on yourself. It's a simple form and cost $10. Then you will know exactly what is on your record and be able to reference that to the list of prohibiting offenses available here on PAFOA and know where you stand. Chances are your fine. Fill out the paperwork at a shop or find a private sale, pay the man and enjoy your AR!

In case your unaware, in PA a long gun sale can be done between private parties with no paperwork but it is the responsibility of the buyer to know if he/she is legal to own a firearm. The seller may ask for proof of residency, and/or a LTCF and/or a bill of sale.
Old January 30th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Grand Member

(Centre County)
RandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reb. View Post
I am looking to purchase an AR15 here shortly, but am unsure on what the requirements are?
Money.....
Old January 30th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Master Member

(Lancaster County)
streaker69 has a reputation beyond reputestreaker69 has a reputation beyond reputestreaker69 has a reputation beyond reputestreaker69 has a reputation beyond reputestreaker69 has a reputation beyond reputestreaker69 has a reputation beyond reputestreaker69 has a reputation beyond reputestreaker69 has a reputation beyond reputestreaker69 has a reputation beyond reputestreaker69 has a reputation beyond reputestreaker69 has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you choose an AR as your first firearm? Have you ever handled any firearms before?

Old January 30th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Banned

(Bucks County)
AxiTech has a reputation beyond reputeAxiTech has a reputation beyond reputeAxiTech has a reputation beyond reputeAxiTech has a reputation beyond reputeAxiTech has a reputation beyond reputeAxiTech has a reputation beyond reputeAxiTech has a reputation beyond reputeAxiTech has a reputation beyond reputeAxiTech has a reputation beyond reputeAxiTech has a reputation beyond reputeAxiTech has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Requirements to buy AR15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
Why would you choose an AR as your first firearm? Have you ever handled any firearms before?
Uh oh, here we go! Next you are goingto ask him why he wants a King James version of the Bible, or why he wants to vote Republican. It's 'slippery slope' time!

I'm messin' with you Streaker! It is a good question, just could be a horrible question if asked by the wrong crowd.
Old January 30th, 2011, 09:56 PM

(Bucks County)
culatar has a reputation beyond reputeculatar has a reputation beyond reputeculatar has a reputation beyond reputeculatar has a reputation beyond reputeculatar has a reputation beyond reputeculatar has a reputation beyond reputeculatar has a reputation beyond reputeculatar has a reputation beyond reputeculatar has a reputation beyond reputeculatar has a reputation beyond reputeculatar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
You can go to the PSP (Pennsyvania State Police) website and do a background check on yourself. It's a simple form and cost $10. Then you will know exactly what is on your record and be able to reference that to the list of prohibiting offenses available here on PAFOA and know where you stand. Chances are your fine. Fill out the paperwork at a shop or find a private sale, pay the man and enjoy your AR!

In case your unaware, in PA a long gun sale can be done between private parties with no paperwork but it is the responsibility of the buyer to know if he/she is legal to own a firearm. The seller may ask for proof of residency, and/or a LTCF and/or a bill of sale.
^^^What he said, $10.00 will buy you answer in writing.
Old January 30th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Banned

(Allegheny County)
The_War_Wagon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_War_Wagon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_War_Wagon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_War_Wagon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_War_Wagon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_War_Wagon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_War_Wagon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_War_Wagon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_War_Wagon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_War_Wagon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_War_Wagon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to The_War_Wagon
Talking Re: Requirements to buy AR15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxiTech View Post
Uh oh, here we go! Next you are goingto ask him why he wants a King James version of the Bible, or why he wants to vote Republican. It's 'slippery slope' time!

I'm messin' with you Streaker! It is a good question, just could be a horrible question if asked by the wrong crowd.

Yep - a good .22 bolt action as a trainer might first be in order. And a good NASB Bible.