Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB2011 and HB1243 Updates

So far, there hasn't been a 2nd Consideration vote on either of these bills. WE NEED TO KEEP UP THE PRESSURE, and continue to contact our legislators - ask them to tell House leadership to bring these bills to a vote! Ask them to vote YES on HB2011, and NO on the Universal Background Check amendment. In addition, the FOAC is requesting support for an amendment proposed to HB1243 (Mental Health Records for Firearms Purchases) that, if passed, will allow HB1243 to restore firearm rights to those who have recovered from a mental illness.

For more information and updates on these efforts,
CLICK HERE

For legislator contact information,
CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old November 25th, 2007

(Monroe County)
Pvandunk has a reputation beyond reputePvandunk has a reputation beyond reputePvandunk has a reputation beyond reputePvandunk has a reputation beyond reputePvandunk has a reputation beyond reputePvandunk has a reputation beyond reputePvandunk has a reputation beyond reputePvandunk has a reputation beyond reputePvandunk has a reputation beyond reputePvandunk has a reputation beyond reputePvandunk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Weaver's Gun Shop

Earlier this week I was in the market for an AR-15 Rifle so I decided to get to Weavers fire arms where I have been a handful of times. When I entered I immediately was pounced on and belittled by the owner with sarcastic remarks, about me being the big spender, and other insults I must say I was unhappy and shocked by his remarks. I purchased a box of ammo and left not saying anything but the owner talked himself right out of a sale. I then went up the road to a different shop and was helped in a professionalís manner where I purchased a Sig 556 and had a good experience.

Sincerely Paul

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old December 5th, 2007

(Berks County)
bert304 will become famous soon enoughbert304 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Weaver's Gun Shop

I had the same type of experience a few years ago and never went back!!!!!!!!!

They can have my guns when they pry them from my cold dead hands

I can not wait until NJ sinks in the ocean and PA has ocean front property
Old December 6th, 2007

(Lehigh County)
SeaRider has a reputation beyond reputeSeaRider has a reputation beyond reputeSeaRider has a reputation beyond reputeSeaRider has a reputation beyond reputeSeaRider has a reputation beyond reputeSeaRider has a reputation beyond reputeSeaRider has a reputation beyond reputeSeaRider has a reputation beyond reputeSeaRider has a reputation beyond reputeSeaRider has a reputation beyond reputeSeaRider has a reputation beyond repute

If I got treated like that, I'd let them know that they just lost a sale and walk out without purchasing ANYTHING, not even a box ammo. I did that at my local ArmyNavy.
Old December 13th, 2007

(Monroe County)
ccp72 has a reputation beyond reputeccp72 has a reputation beyond reputeccp72 has a reputation beyond reputeccp72 has a reputation beyond reputeccp72 has a reputation beyond reputeccp72 has a reputation beyond reputeccp72 has a reputation beyond reputeccp72 has a reputation beyond reputeccp72 has a reputation beyond reputeccp72 has a reputation beyond reputeccp72 has a reputation beyond repute

You're preaching to the choir here.

I, like you, voted with my wallet and currently patronize other shops in the area. Hopefully Phil will grow up and learn the fine art of customer service.

Any responsible merchant knows that treating the customer with respect is key to making the sale.

Proper hygene and dress also helps.
Strutting around in a worn, stained t-shirt, with a gut hanging over the belt does not exactly inspire confidence.

You went in that door to part with $1300+ for the Sig556 and he treated you like a vagrant looking for a handout. End result - He lost a sale, and a potential long term customer.

Enjoy your Sig556, I have one and it is a blast to shoot. The stock flip up sights are lousy. Try some nice optics like an Eotech or an ACOG.

By the way, Cheaper than Dirt has another ammo sale going on .223. With buyer's club discount, some of the good stuff was about $0.42 a round.

The guy you bought your Sig from has Lake City .223 on strippers in bandolier packs by the case in store. I'm going to buy a case while it's still available.
Old December 13th, 2007
Grand Member

(Northampton County)
rflynn has a reputation beyond reputerflynn has a reputation beyond reputerflynn has a reputation beyond reputerflynn has a reputation beyond reputerflynn has a reputation beyond reputerflynn has a reputation beyond reputerflynn has a reputation beyond reputerflynn has a reputation beyond reputerflynn has a reputation beyond reputerflynn has a reputation beyond reputerflynn has a reputation beyond repute

Only 2 cases of Xm193 to go than it is gone again. Come and get it.
Old December 13th, 2007

(Chester County)
netw0rkpenguin has a reputation beyond reputenetw0rkpenguin has a reputation beyond reputenetw0rkpenguin has a reputation beyond reputenetw0rkpenguin has a reputation beyond reputenetw0rkpenguin has a reputation beyond reputenetw0rkpenguin has a reputation beyond reputenetw0rkpenguin has a reputation beyond reputenetw0rkpenguin has a reputation beyond reputenetw0rkpenguin has a reputation beyond reputenetw0rkpenguin has a reputation beyond reputenetw0rkpenguin has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Weaver's Gun Shop

He seems to have a snide comment about my car every time I walk in there. I know damn well it has a 'wing' and its japanese, what he fails to realize is that its worth more then the sorry ass trailer he lives in.

Insulting comments, not knowing what the hell he's talking about 1/2 the time (if not more), charges 3% markup for credit cards. The only thing that salvages the trip out there is that there is another store not even 2 blocks away with a better selection, better prices and a nice clean bright store unlike weavers troll cave.

I stopped in once asking for an AR lower to do a build, after all the bullshit he offered a bushmaster striped lower for $140 (thats cash mind you, before credit card markup). I asked Rich for a stripped lower (apparently so did a lot of others) and he got in a shipment of stag lowers at a damn good price.

After you're done being talked down to and insulted at weavers grab a sandwich at wawa, make a left and American Sports Shooting will be on your left in about 1/4 mile.
Old December 14th, 2007
Grand Member

(McKean County)
God's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by netw0rkpenguin View Post
After you're done being talked down to and insulted at weavers grab a sandwich at wawa

Don't forget your gun. That place got knocked over twice in one week a while back.
Old December 14th, 2007
Grand Member
PAFOA Gold Supporter

(Pike County)
gf45acp has a reputation beyond reputegf45acp has a reputation beyond reputegf45acp has a reputation beyond reputegf45acp has a reputation beyond reputegf45acp has a reputation beyond reputegf45acp has a reputation beyond reputegf45acp has a reputation beyond reputegf45acp has a reputation beyond reputegf45acp has a reputation beyond reputegf45acp has a reputation beyond reputegf45acp has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, head up and neck out. I have purchased 2 guns at Weaver's. The very first gun I purchased after moving to Pa. I bought there, and another about 2 months ago. I have also been there a few more times and bought ammo (good prices on PowRBall), holsters, and mags. I have not had any problems with the owner, and have gotten good deals on both guns. He remembers me every time I come in, and even asks how a family member that accompied me the very first time I was in is doing. Obviously, if you don't like the place don't go, but as for me I usually stop in at both shops in the area, but never the Wawa.
Old December 16th, 2007

darango360 has a spectacular aura aboutdarango360 has a spectacular aura aboutdarango360 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to darango360 Send a message via Yahoo to darango360

Quote:
Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
Don't forget your gun. That place got knocked over twice in one week a while back.
Are these comments necessary? I think your comment is uncalled for. If this is your attempt at trying to be funny. I have news for you. You are not.

Rich's store got robbed in the middle of the night. over a year ago. The guy drove his car into the front of the building. I don't remember anyone being there when it happened.

I have been in his store several times and felt very safe every time.

If you don't have a positive thing to add to a conversation. Then you shouldn't anything at all.
Old December 16th, 2007
Grand Member

(McKean County)
God's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darango360 View Post
Are these comments necessary? I think your comment is uncalled for. If this is your attempt at trying to be funny. I have news for you. You are not.

Rich's store got robbed in the middle of the night. over a year ago. The guy drove his car into the front of the building. I don't remember anyone being there when it happened.

I have been in his store several times and felt very safe every time.

If you don't have a positive thing to add to a conversation. Then you shouldn't anything at all.

I think perhaps you need your valium. First you're reffering to another gun shop.
Second I was referring to the WaWa. Ass