Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Action alert on HB2011 regarding Pre-Emption

Rep Mike Turzai has committed to move HB 2011. This bill strengthens pre-emption by providing for standing and compensation of expenses in the event a local law needs to be challenged that conflicts with State gun laws. Corbett said he will sign if it is put on his desk in the remaining 11 days left to the legislative session.

For more information and updates on these efforts, and to get involved, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old February 8th, 2013, 12:06 AM
Grand Member

(Montgomery County)
ForeverPA has a reputation beyond reputeForeverPA has a reputation beyond reputeForeverPA has a reputation beyond reputeForeverPA has a reputation beyond reputeForeverPA has a reputation beyond reputeForeverPA has a reputation beyond reputeForeverPA has a reputation beyond reputeForeverPA has a reputation beyond reputeForeverPA has a reputation beyond reputeForeverPA has a reputation beyond reputeForeverPA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gun Buyback Programs - let's make a deal!

I hope it is by now clear that the original idea is totally unworkable. In fact, you might get arrested for it.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old February 8th, 2013, 12:52 AM
Moderator Emeritus

(Allegheny County)
Emptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
I hope it is by now clear that the original idea is totally unworkable. In fact, you might get arrested for it.

There is nothing in this old-assed thread that makes that clear at all.

Is there some other info which you are referring to?
Old February 8th, 2013, 01:04 AM
Grand Member

(Montgomery County)
ForeverPA has a reputation beyond reputeForeverPA has a reputation beyond reputeForeverPA has a reputation beyond reputeForeverPA has a reputation beyond reputeForeverPA has a reputation beyond reputeForeverPA has a reputation beyond reputeForeverPA has a reputation beyond reputeForeverPA has a reputation beyond reputeForeverPA has a reputation beyond reputeForeverPA has a reputation beyond reputeForeverPA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
There is nothing in this old-assed thread that makes that clear at all.

Is there some other info which you are referring to?

What is the big idea? Going down to the city, pulling people out of the line, offering them cash for their weapons, getting back in your car and drive away? How is this different from buying guns out of the trunk of a car?
Old February 8th, 2013, 01:14 AM
Moderator Emeritus

(Allegheny County)
Emptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What is the big idea? Going down to the city, pulling people out of the line, offering them cash for their weapons, getting back in your car and drive away? How is this different from buying guns out of the trunk of a car?
You didn't really address my question.

Buying a long gun out of the trunk of a car, in a parking lot, or at your home is not in itself illegal.
(Handguns though, DO require an FFL)

I just thought by the way you stated what you said, that you read something that verifies that the proposed idea is "totally unworkable" and had info on how one could be arrested.
Old February 8th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Grand Member

(Montgomery County)

I can't cite chapter and verse of the law. I just have common sense on my side. The whole point is supposedly to take guns off streets. You think with cops and city officials standing around they are going to let you walk in and make deals? I wouldn't get inside a mile of that crowd.
Old February 8th, 2013, 08:49 PM

(Berks County)
Lendog has a reputation beyond reputeLendog has a reputation beyond reputeLendog has a reputation beyond reputeLendog has a reputation beyond reputeLendog has a reputation beyond reputeLendog has a reputation beyond reputeLendog has a reputation beyond reputeLendog has a reputation beyond reputeLendog has a reputation beyond reputeLendog has a reputation beyond reputeLendog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can't cite chapter and verse of the law. I just have common sense on my side. The whole point is supposedly to take guns off streets. You think with cops and city officials standing around they are going to let you walk in and make deals? I wouldn't get inside a mile of that crowd.

nothing wrong with buying guns at the buy backs
http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/203...ks-page-6.html (Out-bidding Buybacks)
Old February 8th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Moderator Emeritus

(Allegheny County)

I thought that there may be a reason it can't be done here. That's why I asked ForeverPA to elaborate. From what he stated, I thought he knew something I did not.
Old February 8th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Banned
PAFOA Bronze Supporter

(Lehigh County)
tonyfac has a reputation beyond reputetonyfac has a reputation beyond reputetonyfac has a reputation beyond reputetonyfac has a reputation beyond reputetonyfac has a reputation beyond reputetonyfac has a reputation beyond reputetonyfac has a reputation beyond reputetonyfac has a reputation beyond reputetonyfac has a reputation beyond reputetonyfac has a reputation beyond reputetonyfac has a reputation beyond repute

Road trip!
Old February 8th, 2013, 09:26 PM
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Montgomery County)
DSMDealer has a reputation beyond reputeDSMDealer has a reputation beyond reputeDSMDealer has a reputation beyond reputeDSMDealer has a reputation beyond reputeDSMDealer has a reputation beyond reputeDSMDealer has a reputation beyond reputeDSMDealer has a reputation beyond reputeDSMDealer has a reputation beyond reputeDSMDealer has a reputation beyond reputeDSMDealer has a reputation beyond reputeDSMDealer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Your "common sense" apparently fails you.

Been happening quite a bit with full knowledge by police. "Liking" or "disliking" doesn't make it law..although in today's political clime, I can see that being a confusing aspect.
Old February 9th, 2013, 06:27 PM

(Montgomery County)
giant_g2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like it was rescheduled for the 16th due to weather.