Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default New Gun Shop in Bangor?

I heard something about a new gun shop opening or opened in Bangor. Anybody have any details?
    I'd like to check it out and spend some money.=)

Plinker
    My dog "Ruger" is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can. That's almost $21.00 in dog money.

Pray for our troops....and a little extra for our snipers.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: New Gun Shop in Bangor?

If there is a new one that opens, please post here your thoughts about it. Thanks

(Northampton County)

I haven't heard about a new shop in Bangor yet, but there is a new one opening in Wind Gap. Right next to Three Brothers Pizza in the old Duncan Donuts strip mall. I just took a ride out there to pick up pizzas and they're not open yet.

We'll see how long it lasts there. They're only mere yards from the 33 on ramps. Easy getaway.
    http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/amamruoy/sigline-1-1-1-1.jpg

(Northampton County)

scumpyjack, Please let us know when the shop opens in Wind Gap. I always check out a new store to see what they stock. Thanks.

(Monroe County)

My understanding of the new shop in Bangor is that it's basicly a hobby for the owner, he only plans on being open on weekends. But that info came from a local PP&L guy so take it for what it's worth.

As for the WindGap shop,

Location to the Rt 33 ramps was the good and bad of it. It's good for customers from out of the area but bad for security reasons. The security has been set up so that anyone entering at night, will be there long enough for the police to arrive and anyone triing to rob the place during the day will be met with force. The FFL is the hold up on opening but the shop will open in the next few weeks fully stocked with gear and ammo. It is almost 100% tactical and Police oriented. Should be an interesting place to say the least.

Rich W.

(Northampton County)

Rich, Who is opening the new shop in Wind Gap? Anyone local? I haven't asked around alot. Hell, Plainfield Township cops didn't even know it was going in there until they had an alarm call a few weeks ago.

Sounds like it should be good.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrumpyjack View Post
    Rich, Who is opening the new shop in Wind Gap? Anyone local? I haven't asked around alot. Hell, Plainfield Township cops didn't even know it was going in there until they had an alarm call a few weeks ago.

Sounds like it should be good.

Scrumpyjack,

Me and a buddy of mine are opening the shop in Wind Gap. It's called Mountain Armory LLC.

I have been thinking about it for a year now because LE sales are thru the roof and I figured it would be easier to go entirely tactical in a new shop instead of triing to cram it all in the Tannersville shop. We have been doing everything out of Tannersville and even the custom Kevlar has been a Pita there.

It was funny when the alarm went off, We had notified Wind Gap police of the new shop but not plainfield. I'm glad we got that straightened out because with the confusion, response time was almost an hour. Security was a MAJOR concern with the location being right on 33 but we figure it would also be a plus for people coming from south of Wind Gap. There was also the concern that the building had no fire det. system so the system we had installed covers it all. We feel that the system we had installed (ofcourse I can't go into detail) will make it VERY hard for anyone to break in and if they do, they will still be there when the police arrive. As for daytime robbery, we got that covered the same way we did in Tannersville.

Rich W.

(Northampton County)

Congrats....it will be nice to have a "local" shop again. It's been a long time!

Keep us posted about opening day!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrumpyjack View Post
    Congrats....it will be nice to have a "local" shop again. It's been a long time!

Keep us posted about opening day!
    Scrumpyjack,

Stock has been rolling in for over a week now so it won't be much longer but I'll post to this thread when we are ready to go. I really hope the FFL gets here in the next week!!! But either way we are going to open soon.

I figured that Wind Gap would be a good place, from what I've heard it has been almost 25 years since there was an actual gun shop in the area. I know my customer base from Allentown is happy!! The cost of gas is getting out of hand.

Rich W.

(Northampton County)

I'm glad we got that straightened out because with the confusion, response time was almost an hour.
    Dominos could have delivered a pizza in half that time. That right there is a good reason for people to be armed. So much for being protected by the police.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast