Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default URGENT: PENNSYLVANIA ANTI-GUN PACKAGE VOTE - SIGN THE PETITION!

I posted this link a few pages in on the Alerts thread, but in an effort to get more people to sign this petition, am posting here too.

An important vote is scheduled to take place Tuesday, with that sleazy Rendell making a personal appearance to try and sway the committee. Please take a minute to sign a petition that opposes the proposed bills. If you aren't familiar, check out the thread in the Alerts section.

Sign here

http://www.ronmarsico.com/?sectionid...tree=100000118

This petition will have more pull than the other stupid ones you see online since Rep. Marsico is actually on the committee that will be voting. I am sure he will be bringing a copy of this to show what the publics opinion is on the matter.

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: URGENT: PENNSYLVANIA ANTI-GUN PACKAGE VOTE - SIGN THE PETITION!

Just came over the news that the Govenor said he's gone to make sure these bill pass as mayors all over Penn are pushing him to get ANti Gun Bill done.
    Last edited by larrymeyer; November 16th, 2007 at 08:43 PM.

(Susquehanna County)

Just Received from Rep John Pallone

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Thank you for contacting me relative to House Bills 18, 19, 22 and 29 and the proposed debate before the House Judiciary Committee on gun control legislation in Pennsylvania. I always welcome comments from my constituents and others on any issue that is before the state legislature.

While I acknowledge and recognize that illegal gun activity, primarily in the larger cities, for a number of reasons is out of hand, I don't think we should throw the baby out with the bath water. In defense of the legal gun purchasers and owners, more restrictive gun regulation will not take "illegal" guns off the streets. This clearly is not a problem in the Southwestern region of Pennsylvania. The majority of my constituency is gun advocates - collectors, sportsmen (sportspersons) - hunters for game or sport, clay pigeons or skeet shooters, target shooting, and/or competitive marksmen (markspersons).

Since this debate started last session in the House during the Committee of the Whole, the largest number of the contacts (both in district and out of district) that I received were generally against more gun control and a small number of the contacts (both in district, but more out of the district) that I received were for more gun control. While I am sympathetic to the problem in some areas, particularly Philadelphia, it is not symptomatic of the entire state, particularly Southwestern PA. Additionally, last year when similar gun control legislation was introduced during the Committee of the Whole and this year when similar gun control legislation was presented to this committee, when the bills were called up for a vote by the committee and/or entire house legislative body, the bills failed miserably.

This is one of those conservative vs. liberal issues that puts Pennsylvania on the map as a state with a "confused electorate" - we are a democrat (blue) state but moderate or conservative (almost red) on the gun control issue as well as several other issues. The National Democrat message hurts us particularly in Southwestern PA and in most other parts of the state on this issue and you will find that the PA Legislature has a bias towards Pro-Gun Legislation and is not generally in support of additional gun control legislation.

It really isn't as bad as the gun control advocates want you to believe it is and I will objectively agree that the situation may not be completely what the pro-gun lobby wants you to believe either. And I don't think the government is trying to strip anyone of the right to legally own or legally possess guns. I don't have a problem supporting reasonable gun control legislation, but I'd prefer to see the current laws enforced before we introduce and pass any new ones.

The legal gun owners, the legal gun purchasers and the legal gun sellers are already complying with the law and will most likely continue to comply with the law; new, old or otherwise. The bottom line is that it is the "illegal" gun holders, purchasers and sellers that are the problem and in my opinion, the "illegal" gun activity will remain a problem, even if more gun control laws are passed. Let's face it, the law breakers aren't going to begin to follow the new laws any more than the law breakers follow the existing law now.

Thank you again for contacting me on this important issue and thank you for your support. Gun control is most certainly an important issue, on both sides of the argument and I take my support or non-support of an issue very seriously. But, I'm a realist - I just don’t think this type of legislation will stop "illegal" gun activity or gun crimes. I strongly oppose unnecessary gun control legislation and will continue to advocate for the sportsmen and legal gun owners, purchasers and sellers throughout Pennsylvania. If you have any questions, require additional information, or desire to discuss this issue in greater detail, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Very truly yours,

John Pallone

State Representative

54th Legislative District

(Susquehanna County)

Meeting Moved
    Howdy PA firearm owners,

We have a little update to our email from last night regarding the major push for anti-gun legislation being voted on tuesday in Harrisburg! If you would like to refresh yourself on last nights email you can do so by visiting:

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/alerts-13...uesday-am.html

The following was forwarded to us by our colleagues at the Pennsylvania Sportsmen's Association & The Allegheny County Sportsmen's League

Please read below and attend if possible!

If you do attend please follow all instructions from the organizers. The anti-gunners will be looking for anything they can use to paint firearm owners in a bad light. Dress nicely, be polite, keep any signs to the point, and always keep a calm head.

------------------------------------------------------

The Pennsylvania House Committee Votes on the anti-rights bills (HB 18, HB 22, and HB 29) are scheduled Tuesday November 20 at 10:00 AM.

This extraordinary Judiciary Committee meeting has been moved to a much larger room: Room 140 Main Capitol.

It appears that the Governator is planning to pack the larger room with those who seek to demonize gun owners. We hope to counter that with pro-RKBA attendants.

It will help if numbers of sportsmen and sportswomen attend - preferably wearing business casual. The media will try to get pictures of people who are dressed inappropriately or who are acting inappropriately in an attempt to portray gun owners as undisciplined.

Guns and knives cannot be carried in the Capitol - it is also a courthouse. The only gun lockers are in the lower rear entrance.

Please avoid inflammatory signs and do not be baited into making inflammatory statements.

Please meet at the steps of the Rotunda no later than 9:30 AM and obtain 2nd Amendment badges from Melody Zullinger, Executive Director of the Federation
    of Sportsmen Clubs. And PLEASE comply with all direction from Melody.

We will all be judged based upon how the participants dress and act.

Thank you,

Harry Schneider
    Legislative Committee, Chairman
    Pennsylvania Sportsmen's Association
    psa@pagunlaws.com

Kim Stolfer
    Legislative Committee, Chairman
    Allegheny County Sportsmen's League
    activist@fyi.net http://www.acslpa.org/