Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB80 (Formerly HB 1243, Preemption Law Changes) Is Off to the Governor for Signature!

Thanks to everyone's support of this bill, it has passed a concurrence vote in the House, and is now off to the Governor's desk to be signed. To link to the latest discussion on this effort, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old October 24th, 2006, 08:58 AM

(York County)
JohnUSCG has a reputation beyond reputeJohnUSCG has a reputation beyond reputeJohnUSCG has a reputation beyond reputeJohnUSCG has a reputation beyond reputeJohnUSCG has a reputation beyond reputeJohnUSCG has a reputation beyond reputeJohnUSCG has a reputation beyond reputeJohnUSCG has a reputation beyond reputeJohnUSCG has a reputation beyond reputeJohnUSCG has a reputation beyond reputeJohnUSCG has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Para Ordnance 12.45 LDA

I have been offered one of these and it appears to be a very nice carry gun. (Plus I love .45's) Has anyone had any experience with this particular model and with Para Ordnance guns in general. I have never owned one. (much more of a Beretta guy, anyway!)
Any info would be appreciated.

John

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old October 24th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Grand Member

(Westmoreland County)
TonyF has a reputation beyond reputeTonyF has a reputation beyond reputeTonyF has a reputation beyond reputeTonyF has a reputation beyond reputeTonyF has a reputation beyond reputeTonyF has a reputation beyond reputeTonyF has a reputation beyond reputeTonyF has a reputation beyond reputeTonyF has a reputation beyond reputeTonyF has a reputation beyond reputeTonyF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Para Ordnance 12.45 LDA

One of BoD's used one in a handgun class a couple of years ago and he wrote up a rather extensive review.

http://www.fireinstitute.org/fire_LT...ra_Ord_LDA.htm

"... there's trained and untrained" (Denzel Washington -- Man on Fire)
Old October 25th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Grand Member

jdlv4_0 has a reputation beyond reputejdlv4_0 has a reputation beyond reputejdlv4_0 has a reputation beyond reputejdlv4_0 has a reputation beyond reputejdlv4_0 has a reputation beyond reputejdlv4_0 has a reputation beyond reputejdlv4_0 has a reputation beyond reputejdlv4_0 has a reputation beyond reputejdlv4_0 has a reputation beyond reputejdlv4_0 has a reputation beyond reputejdlv4_0 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Para Ordnance 12.45 LDA

I've had a wholw stables worth of Para's both SA and LDA, loved them all but have let them go to fund my other 1911's (Kimbers, Springfields, and Colts.

The only thing I don't like about the Para's is that if it's non-stainless the finish doesn't hold up to well. But seeing as the para in question is stainless, go for it, you won't be dissappointed, just watch out with the LDA, it takes some getting used too, my first time shooting one I put the second round down range will still recoiling from the first shot, those LDAs have a VERY quick trigger reset.
Old October 25th, 2006, 05:54 PM

(Allegheny County)
jimthom123 is on a distinguished road

I own the Para Carry, the full size single stack and the full size hi-cap. All I can say is that they are a lot of fun and shoot well for a loose fitting pistol. The double action trigger pull is like nothing else light, smooth and the same every time. If the price is right buy it, if you don't want to carry it (it's heavy) you will still have a lot of fun shooting it. I like the single stack paras even though the are not true 1911s', they fell like them. Keep in mind that this is comming from a guy that will buy any gun if the price is right.

Last edited by jimthom123; October 25th, 2006 at 05:56 PM.
Old October 25th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Grand Member

(Allegheny County)
GRoPA has a reputation beyond reputeGRoPA has a reputation beyond reputeGRoPA has a reputation beyond reputeGRoPA has a reputation beyond reputeGRoPA has a reputation beyond reputeGRoPA has a reputation beyond reputeGRoPA has a reputation beyond reputeGRoPA has a reputation beyond reputeGRoPA has a reputation beyond reputeGRoPA has a reputation beyond reputeGRoPA has a reputation beyond repute

I have one of the old P12.45's. I love it. It is my carry gun. Alloy frame, 12 in the mag & 1 up the pipe. AHHHH....What fun to shoot!
Old October 25th, 2006, 08:00 PM

(Luzerne County)
Holleta will become famous soon enoughHolleta will become famous soon enough

Their DA trigger pull is simply amazing and I would suggest to at least dry fire it or another Para LDA before you make up your mind one way or the other.