Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old July 5th, 2010, 08:27 AM

(Montgomery County)
Berncly has a reputation beyond reputeBerncly has a reputation beyond reputeBerncly has a reputation beyond reputeBerncly has a reputation beyond reputeBerncly has a reputation beyond reputeBerncly has a reputation beyond reputeBerncly has a reputation beyond reputeBerncly has a reputation beyond reputeBerncly has a reputation beyond reputeBerncly has a reputation beyond reputeBerncly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does anyone know anything about NAGR, are they legit?

Is anyone at PAFOA familiar with The National Association for Gun Rights (NAGR) http://www.nationalgunrights.org or the director Dudley Brown?

I started getting emails from this group and I have never heard of them.

Any information would be appreciated.
Berncly-

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old July 8th, 2010, 06:09 PM

Sabre219 is infamous around these partsSabre219 is infamous around these partsSabre219 is infamous around these partsSabre219 is infamous around these partsSabre219 is infamous around these partsSabre219 is infamous around these partsSabre219 is infamous around these partsSabre219 is infamous around these partsSabre219 is infamous around these parts
Cool Re: Does anyone know anything about NAGR, are they legit?

NAGR is the real deal. I'm a proud member and employee of NAGR. NAGR was founded in 2000 to assist the growing movement of pro-Second Amendment organizations. Unlike the NRA, NAGR does NOT compromise in the fight against gun control.

Dudley Brown is the Executive Director of NAGR and Rocky Mountain Gun Owners in Colorado. When Colorado State University threatened to ban concealed carry on campus (illegally), Rocky Mountain Gun Owners filed a lawsuit against the university.

Here's a link to NAGR's website: http://www.nationalgunrights.org/

Here's a link to a news article on the CSU gun ban. You can see Dudley Brown in the video: http://www.9news.com/rss/article.aspx?storyid=131544

Sabre219

Last edited by Sabre219; July 13th, 2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old July 9th, 2010, 06:47 AM

(Montgomery County)
Berncly has a reputation beyond reputeBerncly has a reputation beyond reputeBerncly has a reputation beyond reputeBerncly has a reputation beyond reputeBerncly has a reputation beyond reputeBerncly has a reputation beyond reputeBerncly has a reputation beyond reputeBerncly has a reputation beyond reputeBerncly has a reputation beyond reputeBerncly has a reputation beyond reputeBerncly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone know anything about NAGR, are they legit?

This is not meant as an attack on any person or group, I am just forwarding this information along as I just received it from the NRA-ILA. Of course the NRA has not been at its best of late, so it's up to you to decide if their opinion matters here or not. If anyone has better information on this group, by all means post it.
Berncly-
--------

"Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010
To: ILA-Contact

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the "National Association for Gun Rights" (NAGR).

We have looked into NAGR and found that they are not registered as federal lobbyists with the U.S. Congress, nor are they registered as lobbyists in the state of Virginia, where they are located.

We are unaware of any lobbying efforts on the part of NAGR to work directly with legislators to influence legislation either in the states or at the federal level.

NRA makes no judgment on the "legitimacy" of NAGR, but we can assure you that NAGR is not in any way affiliated with NRA, nor does it work in conjunction with NRA.

Again, thank you for your inquiry and please do not hesitate to share any of your thoughts or concerns in the future.

Sincerely,
Kyle C
NRA-ILA Grassroots Division"
Old July 9th, 2010, 12:32 PM

(Lebanon County)
StraussiE WousiE has a reputation beyond reputeStraussiE WousiE has a reputation beyond reputeStraussiE WousiE has a reputation beyond reputeStraussiE WousiE has a reputation beyond reputeStraussiE WousiE has a reputation beyond reputeStraussiE WousiE has a reputation beyond reputeStraussiE WousiE has a reputation beyond reputeStraussiE WousiE has a reputation beyond reputeStraussiE WousiE has a reputation beyond reputeStraussiE WousiE has a reputation beyond reputeStraussiE WousiE has a reputation beyond repute

Damn NAGR's attempt at trying to suck people in. I'm not aware of the group at all though.

Last edited by StraussiE WousiE; July 9th, 2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old July 9th, 2010, 12:37 PM

Sabre219 is infamous around these partsSabre219 is infamous around these partsSabre219 is infamous around these partsSabre219 is infamous around these partsSabre219 is infamous around these partsSabre219 is infamous around these partsSabre219 is infamous around these partsSabre219 is infamous around these partsSabre219 is infamous around these parts

Berncly,

Gucci-loafered lobbyists, in $3,000 suits, are how the NRA "lobbies," though
in truth, they are changed by the process more than the politicians.

Who gets a bigger response out of a politician: some slick K Street
lobbyist, or thousands of grassroots phone calls? I know what I'd rather
do.

The NRA's sell-out on DISCLOSE and Harry Reid (anyone see www.redstate.com
report on Harry Reid's voting record and the NRA's non-endorsement puff
piece on him) show how "our lobbyists" go native on us in Washington.

Also, we're not required to register as lobbyists. If we were registered lobbyists,
we would be subject to additional rules.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about us.

Sabre219

Last edited by Sabre219; July 9th, 2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old September 7th, 2012, 04:34 PM

j.bolin01 is infamous around these partsj.bolin01 is infamous around these partsj.bolin01 is infamous around these partsj.bolin01 is infamous around these partsj.bolin01 is infamous around these partsj.bolin01 is infamous around these partsj.bolin01 is infamous around these partsj.bolin01 is infamous around these partsj.bolin01 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Re: Does anyone know anything about NAGR, are they legit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
Is anyone at PAFOA familiar with The National Association for Gun Rights (NAGR) http://www.nationalgunrights.org or the director Dudley Brown?

I started getting emails from this group and I have never heard of them.

Any information would be appreciated.
Berncly-
As Sabre219, stated, The NAGR is the real deal.
I've been a member of the NRA for about 50 years, and a Life Member for the past 30 years, however have been unhappy with some of the things they are doing.
I have been a member of the NAGR, this past year, and had the honor of working with them at their booth, during the 1500 Gun and Knife Show, at the Indiana State Fair Grounds, in Indianapolis, Indiana, which is my home state.
The big issue here that they were active in was fighting the Hillary Clinton Gun Ban..They were aslo active in eliminating two Senators, Dick Lugar, of Indiana, of which I helped Retire, and Orrin Hatch of Utah.
I'm like you, I started getting emails from them, because of some of the things that I voted on, and now have become a member.
They, in my opinion, are doing an awesome work, and are on our side..
I have some NAGR window decals and their Spring News Letter, The Gun Activist, that I would be happy to mail you.
my email is j.bolin01@yahoo.com, if you would send an address.
I just joined the PAFOA, so don't know any other way for a message.
Old September 7th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Grand Member

(Allegheny County)
Asmodeus6 has a reputation beyond reputeAsmodeus6 has a reputation beyond reputeAsmodeus6 has a reputation beyond reputeAsmodeus6 has a reputation beyond reputeAsmodeus6 has a reputation beyond reputeAsmodeus6 has a reputation beyond reputeAsmodeus6 has a reputation beyond reputeAsmodeus6 has a reputation beyond reputeAsmodeus6 has a reputation beyond reputeAsmodeus6 has a reputation beyond reputeAsmodeus6 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraussiE WousiE View Post
Damn NAGR's attempt at trying to suck people in. I'm not aware of the group at all though.
Seriously BAD naming / abbreviation choice. Jus' sayin'.
Old September 7th, 2012, 05:19 PM

(Northampton County)
rmagill has a reputation beyond reputermagill has a reputation beyond reputermagill has a reputation beyond reputermagill has a reputation beyond reputermagill has a reputation beyond reputermagill has a reputation beyond reputermagill has a reputation beyond reputermagill has a reputation beyond reputermagill has a reputation beyond reputermagill has a reputation beyond reputermagill has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm, two posters by people with less than 4 posts who both support the NAGR.... from what the second link shows, apparently this is a pattern...

I found a similar topic being discussed here:

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=446542

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/firea...ghts-scam.html

I'll need to do more research, but it seems like several other forums are coming to the conclusion this is might be a scam. I am not saying they don't do any Pro-2A politicking, but the general consensus on the other forums seems to be that they are more in it for the money... I do want to research this a bit more, though.
Old October 30th, 2012, 06:51 PM

PSY22 is infamous around these partsPSY22 is infamous around these partsPSY22 is infamous around these partsPSY22 is infamous around these partsPSY22 is infamous around these partsPSY22 is infamous around these partsPSY22 is infamous around these partsPSY22 is infamous around these partsPSY22 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs down Re: Does anyone know anything about NAGR, are they legit?

I support the NAGR, but will NEVER give the NRA a dime... I'll tell you why.. If you remember, when the "Patriot Act", AKA the ultimate spying act, was held up in the Senate from passing because Senator Rand Paul went to bat for us against Harry Reid, when Reid wanted inclusion of a gun tracking system, the NRA refused to support Sen. Paul
Old April 7th, 2013, 04:42 PM

(Montgomery County)
jonnyc has a reputation beyond reputejonnyc has a reputation beyond reputejonnyc has a reputation beyond reputejonnyc has a reputation beyond reputejonnyc has a reputation beyond reputejonnyc has a reputation beyond reputejonnyc has a reputation beyond reputejonnyc has a reputation beyond reputejonnyc has a reputation beyond reputejonnyc has a reputation beyond reputejonnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I've seen these claims about 1.8+ million NAGR members, but all the "positive" press on any website I've seen has been from VERY new posters. I'll withhold judgement for now, but continue to support most NRA activities.