Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Concealed & Open Carry

Notices

Concealed & Open Carry Discuss all aspects of carrying firearms here.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old September 18th, 2007, 03:30 PM

(Centre County)
rspowers is on a distinguished road
Default PA LTCF Questions - newbie

I have been searching around here for answer but thought maybe it would be easiest just to post....

How do I go about getting the PA LTCF? Where do I get the forms? the police station?

How much does it cost? Last for?

Is there a good website that has all of this information?

thanks

pa ltcf

Last edited by danp; January 12th, 2009 at 01:58 AM. Reason: seo linkage

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old September 18th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

(Westmoreland County)
RocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PA LTCF Questions - newbie

You came to the right place! This page should get you started:

http://www.pafoa.org/counties/ Just click on your county and find your info...
Old September 18th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Grand Member

(York County)
RoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond repute

Click on the link:
http://www.co.centre.pa.us/211.asp
There's a link in the upper left corner for the Centre County LTCF form

Last edited by RoyJackson; September 18th, 2007 at 03:35 PM.
Old September 18th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Grand Member

(Centre County)
Xringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond repute

rs,

Go to the Sheriffs office. The deputy/admin person there will give you the form to fill out. Fill it out right there and they will do the background check right then. After you are ok'd, pay them the fee ($26 or $31 I don't remember the exact cost). Walk out with your LTCF. That's all there is to it.
Old September 18th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Grand Member

(McKean County)
God's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond repute

Start here

http://www.co.centre.pa.us/sheriff/l...pplication.asp

And while you wait go here

http://www.handgunlaw.us/
Old September 19th, 2007, 05:12 PM

(Montgomery County)
MrUgly has a reputation beyond reputeMrUgly has a reputation beyond reputeMrUgly has a reputation beyond reputeMrUgly has a reputation beyond reputeMrUgly has a reputation beyond reputeMrUgly has a reputation beyond reputeMrUgly has a reputation beyond reputeMrUgly has a reputation beyond reputeMrUgly has a reputation beyond reputeMrUgly has a reputation beyond reputeMrUgly has a reputation beyond repute

Made this in Adobe.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9je3xl20ydz
Old October 11th, 2007, 08:47 PM

celisup78 is on a distinguished road

I am going to stop in at the sheriffs office in the next couple of days here in centre county to apply for my ltcf. I already printed out the ltcf form and filled it out. After the background check is there some type of Q&A with the sheriff or anyone else? I dont mind one, I just want to know what to expect when I walk in.
Old October 11th, 2007, 09:46 PM

(Beaver County)
MK41144 has a reputation beyond reputeMK41144 has a reputation beyond reputeMK41144 has a reputation beyond reputeMK41144 has a reputation beyond reputeMK41144 has a reputation beyond reputeMK41144 has a reputation beyond reputeMK41144 has a reputation beyond reputeMK41144 has a reputation beyond reputeMK41144 has a reputation beyond reputeMK41144 has a reputation beyond reputeMK41144 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by celisup78 View Post
I am going to stop in at the sheriffs office in the next couple of days here in centre county to apply for my ltcf. I already printed out the ltcf form and filled it out. After the background check is there some type of Q&A with the sheriff or anyone else? I dont mind one, I just want to know what to expect when I walk in.
I don't know about your County, but in Beaver Co. I didn't even see the Sheriff. His assistant took care of the whole thing. No Q&A. Took 15 minutes and I was out the door with my new LTCF.
Old October 12th, 2007, 06:09 AM
Grand Member

(McKean County)
God's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond reputeGod's Country has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by celisup78 View Post
I believe the centre county sheriff is a real standup guy. He is one of the top pro gun sheriffs in the state. I would be surprised if anything out of the ordinary pops up.
He's one of the few sheriff's that obeys the law and has no problem issuing non-res permits. Good Luck!
Old October 12th, 2007, 11:17 AM

(Delaware County)
shermdo has a reputation beyond reputeshermdo has a reputation beyond reputeshermdo has a reputation beyond reputeshermdo has a reputation beyond reputeshermdo has a reputation beyond reputeshermdo has a reputation beyond reputeshermdo has a reputation beyond reputeshermdo has a reputation beyond reputeshermdo has a reputation beyond reputeshermdo has a reputation beyond reputeshermdo has a reputation beyond repute

First WELCOME!

Consider yourself to be very lucky to be in Centre County. BY all accounts that is THE place to get your PA license. That department follows that laws of the commonwealth and does not try to add in a lot of made up hurdles for you to have to navigate. Several of the SE PA counties seem to be getting more challenging all the time.

Good luck.