Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Brady Campain "No guns in Starbucks"

From Sebastian's Snowflakes in Hell Blog:

They basically told the Brady folks to go eat the yellow snow (of which they should be able to find plenty of today).

“Starbucks does not have a corporate policy regarding customers and weapons; we defer to federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding this issue,” Starbucks’ customer relations department said in response to the Brady Campaign’s request.

The head of a local chapter of the Brady Campaign was disappointed by the response.
    Horray for Starbucks. I’m more of a tea drinker than coffee drinker, but as soon as I dig myself out from under this mountain of snow, Bitter and I will go get an expresso shot from Starbucks. And yes, I will carry (concealed, however).

Be sure to thank Starbucks, folks, which you can do here.
    I took Sebastian's advice and sent them a note via the link in the above post. Here's what I sent:

To Whom It May Concern:
    I wanted to take a minute to thank you for your recent response to the Brady Center in regards to the lawful carrying of weapons in your stores. Many states in the Union uphold our inherently American 2nd Amendment rights for law-abiding citizens to carry weapons, either open or concealed, and it's good to know that Starbucks supports this right as well. Rest assured that myself, and I'm sure others in Pennsylvania, will be more than happy to purchase your product in light of your company's official position. In fact, I'd say that Starbucks stores nationwide will find themselves with new customers as a result.

Regards,
    xxxx
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for resisting the campaign by the Brady Center and Ceasefire to force you to adopt an anti-firearm policy in your stores. Most Americans actually respect the intent and purpose of the Constitution, including the 2nd Amendment, and enjoy exercising those rights as they were intended to be enjoyed. Although the pressure can be great from these anti-American, anti-Constitution zealots, I certainly appreciate that Starbucks has remained a supported of the Constitution and everything that has made ours a great Nation.

Sincerely
    Just sent them this email..

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    well the black card comes with a yearly fee so I figured that may help them take more notice
    I got ya, and you're absolutely correct. It gives you some level of standing w/ them. I was just teasing 'cuz admitting that you are a "card carrying Starbucks goer" on this forum is tantamount to admitting that you vote straight ticket Democrat and/or drink the blood of infants.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Default Re: CeaseFire & Brady Campaign: Ban Guns in Starbucks

My own more truthful telling version of the Brady garbage letter:

Dear supporter of guns for law enforcement only and anti fur,

Washington Ceasefire is reaching out to you on behalf of the Brady Campaign, Peta, and the Association Against Urine Dribbling. Over the past few years, more and more brazen, bold, and scary gun owners have been gathering at restaurants and coffee shops like Starbucks with guns strapped to their hips, thighs, ankles, and in shoulder holsters, intimidating fellow patrons. Some of these gun people even carry assault weapons or up to a dozen evil looking handguns, or go as far as wearing real FUR and leather, which is the torture of millions of innocent animals.

Businesses can legally prohibit guns from being carried in their establishments - and so far, Peet's Coffee & Tea and California Pizza Kitchen have heeded the concerns of 5 of us hopolophobics, and barred the open carrying of guns, so that us 5 customers no longer dribble urine.

Starbucks Refuses to Prohibit Firearms in its Stores

But Starbucks is refusing to prohibit the open carrying of firearms in its stores, despite protests from us 5 loyal customers.

Click here to sign the petition to let Starbuck know that you want them to stand up for the safety of 5 customers and adopt a nationwide, gun-free policy in all Starbucks stores in case we travel.

Because of Starbucks' refusal, the Brady Campaign has teamed up with CREDO Action and Peta to tell Starbucks to keep arsenals of guns, and furs/leather out of its coffee shops.

The practice of packing heat in places like Starbucks is intimidating to the 5 of us and could be potentially dangerous to our families, because of our paranoia and refusal to get mental health treatment.

It's our right as 5 people to sit in a restaurant or coffee shop with our families without intimidation or fear of guns for the 5 of us, either concealed or openly carried. We also find it terrifying to see a gun wearer also wearing fur or leather, as they may be a real maniac, since fur and leather requires Jeff Dahmer type dangerousness.

Tell Starbucks to Adopt a gun-free and fur/leather free policy.

Under the law, Starbucks has the right to adopt a gun-free anf fur/leather free policy, with an exception for uniformed police officers, including those who shoot themselves in the foot during gun safety classes for children, have guns falling out of holsters, or who pull guns on snowball throwing college kids. Such a policy can easily be implemented in most cases by putting up signs at store entrances.

We need to tell Starbucks to bar guns in its stores. These individuals who have been carrying guns into Starbucks have all the firepower of the US Army, and none of the law enforcement training such as the finer points of "Glock leg". In addition, the ones wearing fur/leather are responsible for millions of animals being slowly tortured every day. Would you really want such people wearing up to a dozen assault rifles openly while they are sipping coffee at a table next to you?

Please sign the petition to Starbucks today!

Spread the word! Send this email to a friend!

Sincerely,

The 5 of us from Washington Ceasefire , The Brady Campaign , AAUD, and Peta
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForwardAssist View Post
    Had to plagiarize that on my facebook page.... excellent (and thanks)!

Now, how many libs am I gonna piss off? (Im connected to a few).

Most looming crises have a pile of body bags to back up the threat. We can point to statistics for drivers and pedestrians killed by people using cellphones, or children who drowned in buckets, or people killed because they were smoking while pumping gas. With over 300 million Americans, almost anything that you can think of has caused of contributed to someone's death, from electrical wiring to microwaves to swimming pools to pantyhose, almost EVERYTHING has killed someone.

Except for people carrying guns in Starbucks.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

... for those of you looking for web page flair.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Most looming crises have a pile of body bags to back up the threat. We can point to statistics for drivers and pedestrians killed by people using cellphones, or children who drowned in buckets, or people killed because they were smoking while pumping gas. With over 300 million Americans, almost anything that you can think of has caused of contributed to someone's death, from electrical wiring to microwaves to swimming pools to pantyhose, almost EVERYTHING has killed someone.

Except for people lawfully carrying guns in Starbucks.
    A suggested alternative.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Delaware County)

I've realized something, the pile (electronic) of work ahead of the employees or department that handles feedback is going to be jawdropping, if anyone knows any of these people it may be wise to advise them not to drink too heavily during the game sunday because monday won't be an easy day of work. lol

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast