Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Need some help from York County gun owners

As some of you know, I'm a photographer with the York Dispatch. One of our reporters, Brock Parker, is working on a article concerning LTCF's in York County, and possibly, a little broader view looking into gun violence and straw purchases.
    This is NOT going to be a hit piece on the 2A or gun ownership. On the contrary, hopefully with some help from members of PAFOA, this will be a positive gun news article.
    The basis for the story is the fact that York County has the 3rd highest number of LTCF issues in the state, but only ranks 7th in population. We'll obviously be interviewing the Sheriff, but we are looking for a few people from York County that have their LTCF that we can interview. I'd really like to set Brock up with a few people with varying experience with carrying a gun for protection. Personally, I'd really like to interview someone who is a first time gun owner and is in the process of obtaining their LTCF or just recently got one.
    This is your chance to contribute in a positive way to a news story concerning gun ownership. I'm really hoping several members will take part in this. I posted a thread about this a couple months ago and didn't get a response and that concerns me.
    Please drop me a PM if you have any interest in helping out with the article.
    Thanks!

(York County)

Default Re: Need some help from York County gun owners

I'm in so long as I am not being portrayed as "representing" POOFA. In fact I would prefer it not be mentioned, unless Dan approves it. But if you wanna interview me simply as a gun owner in York Co, sure.

Dave W.
    3%

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by jpavoncello View Post
    As some of you know, I'm a photographer with the York Dispatch. One of our reporters, Brock Parker, is working on a article concerning LTCF's in York County, and possibly, a little broader view looking into gun violence and straw purchases.
    Brock Parker? If your being serious that has to be the most ironic name for someone associated with a newspaper. For those who don't get it Eddie Brock is Venom and Peter Parker is Spider-Man and both worked for the newspaper.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuartsab View Post
    Brock Parker? If your being serious that has to be the most ironic name for someone associated with a newspaper. For those who don't get it Eddie Brock is Venom and Peter Parker is Spider-Man and both worked for the newspaper.
    good catch on the pseudonym. lots of writers use them to maintain some semblance of private life.

(York County)

Brown-Bear - nope, not looking for an official rep from POOFA, just York County gun owners.
    I'll be in touch with those who agree to be interviewed. We have some time on putting this article together, Brock's just getting started, so don't think I forgot about you if you don't hear from us for a week or two.

Thanks all.

(York County)

oh, and Brock Parker is his real name. Good catch, I've worked with him for a couple years and it never crossed my mind.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by jpavoncello View Post
    oh, and Brock Parker is his real name. Good catch, I've worked with him for a couple years and it never crossed my mind.
    Just gives you something to mess with him now.

(York County)

I think its a good idea for an article. Especially considering when i picked up my LTCF at the Sheriff's office in York, there was a line out the door and the Sheriff actually said to me, "we've been giving these out like hotcakes for the last few months. The Sheriff and I both agreed that a line out the door for LTCF's is a good thing, that means theres more and more honest, law abiding citizens out there, actually being proactive about not being a victim of a crime.

I'd be willing to help with the article in any way i can. However, i dont want my name used in the article, whatsoever.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Some of the York county guys here have wives who recently got their LTCF. I think such a story should include some women who have gotten an LTCF, this really drives the whole "protect ones self" deal home. Guns are not just a man thing. Even better would be a black woman who got an LTCF. I know a black lady who works at the Goodwill in Shrewsbury, but I haven't asked her the "big question" yet. I "whispered in her ear" about my hours long OC in New Freedom though, and though she is ( I think)originally from MD and still works there ( state police barracks,but she is not a LEO), she thought it was really interesting, showed no sign of being anti gun at all, and seemed wowed by the idea of OC. She is one person I'd love to see having an LTCF and carrying. I've had enough of educated middle class black women being anti gun brainwashed ( my mother works with a bunch and my friend's mom is also one).

I'd be up for an interveiw, but I don't live in York county right now. But I carry in York county, but it's a FL lisc I have. I guess if the reporter wanted to do something on open carry in York co and wanted a woman or 2 or 3, I'd be do-able ( and madam raven et al should be up for it too!).
    LOL, I am a woman...

As long as he isn't skeered of an OC'er, I may be able oblige.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast