Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: 440 Ross st...child support court...

Can you enter the legal building and go through to the nonlegal building?

I'll bet they have two different mailing addresses. I think that alone qualifies as a separate building, connection or not.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post

I'll bet they have two different mailing addresses. I think that alone qualifies as a separate building, connection or not.
    Since the lockboxes are at the other building, it sounds like both are nonlegal for carrying.

Just speculating, but if it's possible to check at the one building and walk through inside to the other building while staying within the "secure" area then I doubt you'd make any headway trying to convince a judge that they're violating § 913.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by pennsylvaniaboy View Post
    This is how the court is in Franklin County. You have he court house and annex. The annex does not have boxes.
    AFAIK, there is only ONE public entrance for that entire facility, and the self-serve boxes are indeed just inside that entrance. What am I missing?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    Since the lockboxes are at the other building, it sounds like both are nonlegal for carrying.

Just speculating, but if it's possible to check at the one building and walk through inside to the other building while staying within the "secure" area then I doubt you'd make any headway trying to convince a judge that they're violating § 913.
    Great point! I should've did my homework about 440 Ross st. Did exactly what u stated and went on with my day. If I ever have to go again,I will do that thank u. +1 for rep

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post

Yes to your 1st question,and if I go down again I will ask them your 2nd question.

(Lackawanna County)

From the title of the thread, I hope everything worked out between the OP and his kids and not just between him and his gun.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    From the title of the thread, I hope everything worked out between the OP and his kids and not just between him and his gun.
    Yes,just fine and thanks for asking. I was a little behind due to a new job. By the time my court date came,I was caught up and job wage attachment was being taken out. So I was only there for 5 minutes. Which really ticked off about not carrying my g36.

(Allegheny County)

You actually can’t use that bridge. Back in the day, what is now family court was once the Allegheny County Jail. They would bring prisoners across that bridge from the jail to a holding area inside the courthouse.

Years ago there were gun lockers that were open to the public right when you walked into family court. These were the same ones we elitist leo’s used. (again look for the “steel city was here” etching) About 5 years ago they remodeled the interior and the area where the lock boxes were was removed. Everyone, including us elitist leo’s. had to secure our firearms at the courthouse and then walk the 50 feet to the entrance of family court. For those of you not familiar with the two courts… the entrances to adult and family court face one another and it’s literally a 50 foot walk from door to door directly under the archway in that picture.

The lockers that the elitist leo’s may use now if they wish are actually inside the Sheriff’s office itself. I don’t use them as it’s a PITA to access, especially if they are in the middle of doing anything with prisoners because then you are stuck in a secure area until they are finished. I just use the ones at the courthouse.

(Allegheny County)

I assumed that would be a backup plan if the bridge wasn't a option! And you are right about the 50 walk,which really isn't all that bad to be unarmed!

SteelCityK9Cop, twice in this thread you have admitted to defacing government property. Please arrest yourself and surrender your sidearm to the nearest PAFOA member.

Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12