Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Lebanon VA Hospital.....no guns allowed on property and no storage facility.

At the risk of starting a whole other topic, wouldn't it be great if Shydas across the street from the main entrance would supply/rent out lockboxes? Sign a liability waiver and leave the weapon there, pick it up on the way out.

Having worked at Lebanon VA, I can tell you anything you get arrested for on property is a Federal issue, and the Police have a closet upstairs labeled "riot equipment" that they'd just love to use. They are vry well equipped, and also fairly bored.

One of my patients, terminally ill with cancer, picked up some cigars on a home pass one weekend. He sat outside smoking one, and the cops told him if he didn't put it out they'd have him thrown out.
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

(York County)

Default Re: Lebanon VA Hospital.....no guns allowed on property and no storage facility.

As a former DoD police officer, I can tell you that a number of our cops jumped ship for VA police because they actually have "arrest authority" and are therefore qualified under LEOSA to carry nationwide. I think there was also a bit of a power trip thing going on there, so take that for what it's worth.

VA is federal property, and federal property likes to thumb its nose at any state law you can think of, unless the law says they can't (like national parks). They don't give a damn about your right to carry in PA, and they certainly don't need your consent to search your vehicle if you're coming on the property. They can give whatever reason they want and you pretty much either have to let them search it or turn around and leave.

Ironic, isn't it, that on its own property that it controls, the federal government ostensibly there to protect our freedoms does everything in its power to take them away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12