Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (York County)

Default Re: Fastest and Cheapest way to carry in DE

Utah requires that a person take their own Utah training, I don't *think* a DD214 will work, but a quick phone call would verify.

Although I have my Utah permit I always OC in the Newark/Wilmington DE area when visiting family there. OC is far more common in DE than PA because a DE CCW is rather difficult to obtain for DE residents.

So OC is the fastest, easiest, and cheapest route, assuming Dover is not your destination. I have been hearing of a 6-7 week wait for a Utah permit, and that's after you find and take training. Both Utah and Florida require fingerprints, so factor obtaining a set into your plans as well.

Seems time is against you, so good luck.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mango View Post
    I know there are various states CCW permits / license that would allow me to carry in DE. If I am not mistaken all required some sort of training.

With the holidays approaching, I would like to be able to carry in DE so when I visit my parents, I am covered.
    Probably the reason our LTCF is not honored, DE wants you to have some sort of training.

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Utah requires that a person take their own Utah training, I don't *think* a DD214 will work, but a quick phone call would verify.

Although I have my Utah permit I always OC in the Newark/Wilmington DE area when visiting family there. OC is far more common in DE than PA because a DE CCW is rather difficult to obtain for DE residents.

So OC is the fastest, easiest, and cheapest route, assuming Dover is not your destination. I have been hearing of a 6-7 week wait for a Utah permit, and that's after you find and take training. Both Utah and Florida require fingerprints, so factor obtaining a set into your plans as well.

Seems time is against you, so good luck.
    Utah requires the Utah specific training, no substitutes. Things may be different now as to the issue time but I received my Utah CFP quicker then my DELCO issued LTCF both initially and upon renewal.

In the long run Utah is the least expensive way to go. FL requires a new set of finger prints with each renewal.

A good forum relating to open carry in Delaware:
    http://www.delawareopencarry.org/

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Probably the reason our LTCF is not honored, DE wants you to have some sort of training.

Utah requires the Utah specific training, no substitutes. Things may be different now as to the issue time but I received my Utah CFP quicker then my DELCO issued LTCF both initially and upon renewal.

In the long run Utah is the least expensive way to go. FL requires a new set of finger prints with each renewal.

A good forum relating to open carry in Delaware:
    http://www.delawareopencarry.org/

Although my Utah renewal was only 6 days to my door, done online, the original done in late spring of 2009 took 7 weeks. I'll bet that's longer than your Delco!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tmygun View Post
    I didn't know this. It's crazy that an out-of-state person carrying on a non-resident license can CC easier than a resident of DE. If they're so okay with open carry, why the problem with getting a license to CC?
    Quite confusing.

What about most guns laws ISN'T crazy?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12