Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: denied

Default denied

hello, I'm a new member here and was hoping to get some feedback. i got the call today that my application for a ccw in Pennsylvania was denied. i applied in lancaster. i have a ccw in my home state of Delaware, so I'm not sure what went wrong? yes i did some dumb "kid stuff" when i was about 20, I'm now 50. no felonies at all, and have had zero run ins anywhere with the law, not even a speeding ticket. i do have a very common name that apparently a lot of criminals have, seems to always get me delayed. could this be the reason? i thought providing my ssn would help avoid that. is it worth appealing? thanks for any info.

(Indiana County)

Default Re: denied

Really can't comment on anything until the denial letter arrives in the mail (it's required by law). The letter will state the cause for the denial.

Once received, you do have the right to appeal, and the procedures for such should be outlined in or attached to the denial letter.

Is it worth appealing? Only you can answer that. For an outsider (including an attorney) to do so would require more information, which would be in the letter.

If you don't receive the letter, as required by law, by the end of the week you should call the issuing authority and ask where the denial letter is.

Did you supply a copy of your delaware ccw with your PA application, as required?

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by deldeerhunter View Post
    hello, I'm a new member here and was hoping to get some feedback. i got the call today that my application for a ccw in Pennsylvania was denied. i applied in lancaster. i have a ccw in my home state of Delaware, so I'm not sure what went wrong? yes i did some dumb "kid stuff" when i was about 20, I'm now 50. no felonies at all, and have had zero run ins anywhere with the law, not even a speeding ticket. i do have a very common name that apparently a lot of criminals have, seems to always get me delayed. could this be the reason? i thought providing my ssn would help avoid that. is it worth appealing? thanks for any info.
    When you were 20 it wasn't "kid stuff" anymore, it was adult stuff. Doesn't have to be felonies, there are plenty of misdemeanors that can get you denied also plus there is always the character clause where the sheriff can pretty much deny you for anything, the sheriff in Beaver County is doing this, any criminal record and he denies you. No way of telling without knowing what you were convicted of 30 years ago.

It must have something to do with your earlier law problems or a records error hopefully. I moved to PA 2 years ago and just recently decided to get my ccw and walked into the Lancaster sheriffs office and 10min and $5.00 later walked out with my permit. I've never had a permit in any other state either. It almost seemed too easy

(Monroe County)

New Meatloaf song- 5 out of 15 is not bad. (Not counting abbrv.)

Quote Originally Posted by deldeerhunter View Post
    Hello, I'm a new member here and was hoping to get some feedback. I got the call today that my application for a ccw in Pennsylvania was denied. applied in Lancaster. I have a ccw in my home state of Delaware, so I'm not sure what went wrong? yes I did some dumb "kid stuff" when I was about 20, I'm now 50. no felonies at all, and have had zero run ins anywhere with the law, not even a speeding ticket. I do have a very common name that apparently a lot of criminals have, seems to always get me delayed. Could this be the reason? I thought providing my ssn would help avoid that. Is it worth appealing? Thanks for any info.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by zx6jc View Post
    It must have something to do with your earlier law problems or a records error hopefully. I moved to PA 2 years ago and just recently decided to get my ccw and walked into the Lancaster sheriffs office and 10min and $5.00 later walked out with my permit. I've never had a permit in any other state either. It almost seemed too easy
    5 bucks.....wow that's a hell of a deal

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lendog View Post
    5 bucks.....wow that's a hell of a deal
    Umm, yeah. That's not correct. Or it shouldn't be.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

Maybe it was $20 but I know it was cheap and couldn't believe I walked out with it since everyone told me I'd have to wait for it in the mail. I went to the courthouse sheriff so maybe that's why.

Yes, i did provide copy of Delaware ccw. I was charged with a misdemeanor offensive touching for a fight i was part of 30 years ago, and under age drinking. As i stated in earlier post, no run ins, no tickets, hell i don't even drink. Im very curiously waiting for this letter. Thanks for your input.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast