Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Fulton County)

Default Virginia and my LTCF

Hello everyone, I am going to be making a trip to Virginia for a few days and I wanted to get some clarifications on Virginia and my PA LTCF. If I am reading this source correctly http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/USSt...orMyPermit.pdf
    , it says that Virginia still honors my PA LTCF. Does anyone have any other resources that I can use to get some more clarification on VA gun laws? Thanks in advance.

(York County)

Default Re: Virginia and my LTCF

Quote Originally Posted by Justin2012 View Post
    Hello everyone, I am going to be making a trip to Virginia for a few days and I wanted to get some clarifications on Virginia and my PA LTCF. If I am reading this source correctly http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/USSt...orMyPermit.pdf
    , it says that Virginia still honors my PA LTCF. Does anyone have any other resources that I can use to get some more clarification on VA gun laws? Thanks in advance.

Can you be more specific as to the clarification you seek? The site you reference above is about the most highly trusted and up-to-date you will find, and typically offers cites to legal sources for it's information.

I guess you could try asking specific questions and mailing them to the office of the Attorney General for the State of Virginia, but I don't know how quickly you will get an answer, if at all.

You could also try asking specific questions within the state sub-forums at:
    OpenCarry: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/fo...p?130-Virginia

and

USACarry: http://www.usacarry.com/forums/virgi...-firearm-news/

But don't be too surprised if you find that folks simply refer you back to Gary Slider's site at HandgunLaw.us
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Delaware County)

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_Reciprocity.shtm

Reciprocity and Recognition

Virginia extends reciprocity or recognition to citizens holding both resident and non-resident permits/licenses from the following jurisdictions as set forth below:

Listing of states with which Virginia has Reciprocity Agreements (A formal written agreement exists between the two jurisdictions):

Alaska
    Florida
    Kentucky
    Mississippi
    New Mexico
    North Carolina
    Ohio
    Pennsylvania
    South Carolina
    South Dakota
    Tennessee
    Texas
    West Virginia

You might want to take a look at this on the Virginia State Police Website:

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_...nlawfultoCarry

(Lancaster County)

^^^^

"No person who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of any restaurant or club as defined in Section 4.1-100 for which a license to sell and serve alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption has been granted by the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board under Title 4.1 of the Code of Virginia; may consume an alcoholic beverage while on the premises. A person who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of such a restaurant or club and consumes alcoholic beverages is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor. However, nothing in this subsection shall apply to a federal, state, or local law-enforcement officer."

Some of the animals are more equal than others...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tmygun View Post
    http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_ca...city_maps.html

Yes, you're covered. Just make sure you know VA's "where you can carry" rules. I don't know if you can carry in a place that serves alcohol. Even some of their grocery stores carry alcohol. You might want to do a search on that.
    You may carry...open or concealed...into an establishment that serves alcohol. If you intend to have a drink with your meal you MUST open carry (Virginia Tuck).

(Fulton County)

Thumbs up Re: Virginia and my LTCF

I would to thank everyone who responded to my question. I was pretty sure that my LTCF was recognized in Virginia, but I always like to make sure. I don't want to end up like the women who was recently arrested in New Jersey, and is now facing 3 years in prison (possibly), because she didn't realize her PA LTCF wasn't recognized in NJ.

Since you will likely be traveling through WV to get to VA I feel obliged to tender my $.02.

Your LTCF is welcome here in WV. There is a small amount of contention about whether you can OC in a vehicle. WV's Natural Resource laws may infringe on this, however the general consensus is OC in a vehicle, while possibly violating the letter of the law, doesn't appear to be an offence an officer will be willing to enforce.

We do request that you obey the posted speed limit and stop often for pepperoni rolls.

Other than that, enjoy your trip through Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

(Lehigh County)

Interesting, from that link:

"A person who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of such a restaurant or club and consumes alcoholic beverages is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor. However, nothing in this subsection shall apply to a federal, state, or local law-enforcement officer."

So cops can get tanked at the bar w/ their weapon but citizens cannot
    -jFw

Quote Originally Posted by Storm88000 View Post
    Interesting, from that link:

"A person who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of such a restaurant or club and consumes alcoholic beverages is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor. However, nothing in this subsection shall apply to a federal, state, or local law-enforcement officer."

So cops can get tanked at the bar w/ their weapon but citizens cannot
    I believe that the law in VA has changed and restaurant carry is legal. Open carry is certainly legal even without a permit.
    Right of citizens to bear arms ...shall not be questioned.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast