Exclamation Re: Falls Twp to Ban Firearms on Township Property

http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...e=%5BUNIQID%5D

Email from Concerned Gun Owners of PA regarding Falls Twp meeting

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Falls Twp to Ban Firearms on Township Property

Take action this week!
    View this email in your browser

Falls Township, Bucks County PA
    seeks to pass ordinance restricting firearms on public property!
    This Tuesday, November 19th at 7pm there will be a public meeting at the Falls Township municipal building to vote on a proposed ordinance that would make it illegal for people to carry firearms on Township (public) property.

The problem with this ordinance is that it violates the Pennsylvania Constitution Article 1 Section 21 that states "The right of the people to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned" and also Title 18 of the Pennsylvania Statute section 6120 that states as follows:

§ 6120. Limitation on the regulation of firearms and ammunition.
    (a) General rule.--No county, municipality or township may in any manner regulate the lawful ownership, possession, transfer or transportation of firearms, ammunition or ammunition components when carried or transported for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this Commonwealth.

Here is a link to download a copy of the proposed ordinance.

Please consider attending as your presence and support against this ordinance will be crucial to stopping it! Anyone wishing to do so can address the Board of Supervisors at the beginning of the meeting. Someone from Concerned Gun Owners of Penn will be speaking.

Meeting Date: Tuesday, November 19, 2013
    Meeting Time: 7pm
    Meeting Place: Falls Township Municipal Building, 188 Lincoln Highway Suite 100, Fairless Hills PA 19030
    Link to google map

Pennsylvania Coalition for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms holds Landmark Summit

Press Release for Immediate Distribution

Friday, November 15, 2013

This past Saturday a landmark Summit was held in the Harrisburg PA area that brought together over a dozen established activist, legislative, and liberty groups from all over the Commonwealth to unite behind our Constitutional guarantee enumerated in Article 1, Section 21: “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”

The Pennsylvania Coalition for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (PA RKBA) is united behind a common goal to preserve our inherent right of self defense for the individual. This goal will be accomplished by leveraging the unique talents of each member group to educate the public and influence legislation and elections.

For too long, Pennsylvanian citizens and firearms owners have borne the brunt of accusations that the "right of a citizen to bear arms," secured within the constitutions of Pennsylvania and the United States, has contributed to crime. The depth and breadth of laws that have been enacted, squeezing and contorting this right, has victimized the law abiding at the expense of truth and the intent of our founding fathers.

This should not and cannot be the hallmark of a free society. Upon this basis is why we have gathered together to work in unity to restore that which has been taken from us in the veil of so-called compromise.

Groups participating in this Summit were: Firearms Owners Against Crime, Concerned Gun Owners of Pennsylvania, Allegheny County Sportsmen’s League, Lehigh Valley Tea Party Patriots, Citizens 4 Liberty, Firearms Industry Consulting Group, Pennsylvanians for Self Protection, Gun Rights Across America-PA, Kitchen Table Patriots, Oath Keepers of PA, People for Liberty, American Gun Owners Alliance, Patriot Task Force, Sheriff Brigades of Pennsylvania and Lehigh Valley Open Carry.

For more information please email concernedgunowners@gmail.com or activist@fyi.net

Facebook
    Facebook
    Website
    Website
    Copyright © 2013 CGOPA, All rights reserved.

unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

(Berks County)

In response to a letter that I submitted to the Township, Solicitor Clarke just emailed me the following:

"Mr. Prince. The proposed Ordinance will be tabled tomorrow evening. It will not be tabled to be placed on a future agenda. Therefore, any reconsideration will require re-advertizing. It is anticipated that the Ordinance will not be reconsidered until the Erie case currently before the Commonwealth Court is decided.

Michael P. Clarke
    Rudolph Clarke, LLC"
    Joshua Prince, Esq. - Firearms Industry Consulting Group - www.PaFirearmsLawyer.com

(Bucks County)

If you were planning on attending, please still show up and voice your opinion why it would be a bad idea to inact such an ordinance should the Erie case go south.

(Bucks County)

Great so now the entire state, local agencies are waiting for this Erie case.. wonderful.. there goes the neighborhood.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    Great so now the entire state, local agencies are waiting for this Erie case.. wonderful.. there goes the neighborhood.
    Unless there's an activist judge at the bench, we're going to win. The only problem I see here is Erie appealing the case at each level attempting to bankrupt the fellow from Erie.
    Being gay isn't a choice, being a bigot is

(Bucks County)

Smile Re: Falls Twp to Ban Firearms on Township Property

Good morning all,

Wow, I am amazed that Falls Twp tabled the item quite honestly. I have been a resident since '95 and I can tell you for the board to do this is unusual. This township board is completely comprised of democrats (liberal) so let me say I am shocked that they back down like this.

I am pleased to see this is in the right direction and the next will be to have the current park ordinace amended to removed the word "firearms".

I would like thank all who stepped up behind me and supported this! Hopefully I will see some of you at the meeting tonight as I plan to address the board during public comment.

SGM

(Bucks County)

Exclamation Re: Falls Twp to Ban Firearms on Township Property

Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife View Post
    In response to a letter that I submitted to the Township, Solicitor Clarke just emailed me the following:

"Mr. Prince. The proposed Ordinance will be tabled tomorrow evening. It will not be tabled to be placed on a future agenda. Therefore, any reconsideration will require re-advertizing. It is anticipated that the Ordinance will not be reconsidered until the Erie case currently before the Commonwealth Court is decided.

Michael P. Clarke
    Rudolph Clarke, LLC"
    Can you post the letter sent?? Do we know when the case will be settled?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffLyons View Post
    Unless there's an activist judge at the bench, we're going to win. The only problem I see here is Erie appealing the case at each level attempting to bankrupt the fellow from Erie.
    From what I understand this case is not the case to run up the courts and that is what these four intend to do.

Quote Originally Posted by sgmwatkins View Post
    Good morning all,

Wow, I am amazed that Falls Twp tabled the item quite honestly. I have been a resident since '95 and I can tell you for the board to do this is unusual. This township board is completely comprised of democrats (liberal) so let me say I am shocked that they back down like this.

I am pleased to see this is in the right direction and the next will be to have the current park ordinace amended to removed the word "firearms".

I would like thank all who stepped up behind me and supported this! Hopefully I will see some of you at the meeting tonight as I plan to address the board during public comment.

SGM
    I am going and plan on speaking out against this. I hope others do as well. Don't back down now, this is not a victory it is merely a smoldering fire that must be fully extinguished.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast