Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Harrisburg Farm Show friendly or not?

Don't know about OC. CC'd plenty of times with no issues. And there is always a lot of people.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

(York County)

My wife and I went to the Farm Show on Wednesday, good time. I carried, but concealed. There were no signs of any type referencing firearm policy. If you go, park in the satellite lot and take the shuttle, much easier getting dropped off and picked up at the front door vs. the scramble trying to get into the main lot then walking 3/4 mile to the door.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by wrencher View Post
    I was there last year at the Eastern Sports Show, I was CC. I did not see any signs or posted rules that would say you can't carry. I didn't go out of my way to look for them either.
    I was considering going to that show this year. How was it. I have a two hour drive if I go. Is it worth it?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluehen59 View Post
    My wife and I went to the Farm Show on Wednesday, good time. I carried, but concealed. There were no signs of any type referencing firearm policy. If you go, park in the satellite lot and take the shuttle, much easier getting dropped off and picked up at the front door vs. the scramble trying to get into the main lot then walking 3/4 mile to the door.
    I did exactly that today but only because the Main Lot was full. I have been there in the past but I never saw as many people there as I did today and tonight. It was like a bee hive. Many people were leaving just because it was so rediculous you couldn't even get a drink without an hour wait in line. The food lines were around 50 ft long. They literally blocked traffic across the entire area.

I went, I CC'd, I saw no signs, I had zero issues and I really think I could have OC'd and no one would have noticed with how crowded it was. Hell, you couldn't even see me below my chest because everyone was packed in so tight. I just don't like to OC when it is that crowded.

(Lancaster County)

When I went last year I OC'd as I was leaving. Went by alot of PSP and no one said anything or they didnt take notice cause they were all talking. This year I CC'd I went at night and it was cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brudog View Post
    I was considering going to that show this year. How was it. I have a two hour drive if I go. Is it worth it?
    I was kinda disappointed, there was more hunting outfitters there then vendors. Don't get me wrong there was stuff to buy / look at, but I thought there would have been more people showing off their products.

I had about a two and a half hour drive, but all in all it was worth it.

That would be the place to go if you were planning on booking a hunt or fishing trip. I did find out that it can be cheaper to go to Africa on a hunt then to go out west.

Quote Originally Posted by khankewycz View Post
    Never been but from what I've heard not really. Be prepared to be handed a ziptie upon entrance.
    Nobody is standing at any door to hand out zip ties. I have never heard or seen this Harrisburg. Harrisburg certainly is not notorious for this. Let's slow the bad info machine down a little bit.
    You cannot turn the other cheek if you are already dead.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    Wondering why FOAC doesn't have a table there?

Gun friendly how?

Are you talking about the complex or the people?

Good question especially since I found this - http://www.easternsportshow.com/en/S...ah-Legal-Heat/
    Talked about that very item with some Central Chapter folks, the cost of a table is $2100(ish) for the event. A couple of us will be up there handing out some literature during the weekend, in the interim, I will follow up with Kim and Tim.
    Porsche, there is no substitute

(Lancaster County)

My FIL and I both OC'd all day Saturday (week ago), at the Farm Show. Lots of PSP, no trouble at all. I know they saw me a few times, and gave a second glance, but I wasn't approached by anyone.

I'm under the impression that PSP has a fairly good grasp on the legality of open carry by now, but I'm sure there are exceptions.

(Juniata County)

Since these seems to be the best thread. 2015 update. OCed today (Saturday). Had one gentleman who stated he recently moved from Phillly has a few questions about the need for a permit to OC. Other than that no interactions of note. Heavy PSP, & game commission presence as normal, & as last year nothing to report.

More & more troopers wearing beanies. Disappointing.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast