Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Illinois to Arizona to Pa.

To the point--- I pocess a F.O.I.D. ( firearm Owners I.D.) card from Illinois that permits me to buy/own/transport a firearm and ammo in the State of Illinois. I also pocess a CCW( concealed weapons carry) permit from Arizona. Arizona has a reciprocal agreement with Pa. to carry concealed. Here is my ?. I have read Pa. gun carry law but what is the definitive interpretation of Pa. law on open and/or concealed carry in Pa. Can I transport on my person or in my car trunk. Must ammo be in seperate conpartment? Do I need a piece of paper for Allegheny County? Can I carry in restaurants. churches,bars,etc. Lastly, must I inform police, if stopped, that i am carrying a firearm? any sections of Pa. law I should concentrate on? thanks, Gino1969 NC Trojan

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Illinois to Arizona to Pa.

Start here:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...nsylvania.html

Then read this:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...carry-you.html

In short, you state you have an AZ permit, which PA honors, so...

Can I transport on my person or in my car trunk.
    Yes.
    Must ammo be in seperate conpartment?
    Only for Long Guns.
    Do I need a piece of paper for Allegheny County?
    No. Your AZ Permit is honored statewide.
    Can I carry in restaurants. churches,bars,etc.
    Yes. However if asked to leave, you must comply or you might face Tresspassing charges.
    Lastly, must I inform police, if stopped, that i am carrying a firearm?
    No, there is no requirement for such, and personally I don not reccomend doing so unless the type of interaction will lead to discovery anyway.
    any sections of Pa. law I should concentrate on?
    See the links I posted up top there.

(Juniata County)

Question Re: Illinois to Arizona to Pa.

I hvae a CCP issued by my local sheriff in Penn. and I have been advised that if stopped for any traffic violation I must inform the officer that I do have a weapon in my car or on my person. Might the sheriff be incorrect?

You have no duty to inform a leo you are carrying in PA.

You can check the sticky's to find most of the common answers without resorting to thread necro and forcing God to kill kittens.......unless you're into that shit.
    FUCK BIDEN

It was my understanding that AG Kane changed the reciprocity agreements so that you must be a resident of the state whose permit you possess, in order for it to be honored in PA. Therefore an Illinois resident with an Arizona permit is a no go for carry in PA.

Open carry is, of course, OK providing you are not in Philadelphia or in your car. The AZ permit will allow you to transport in your car with the wepon unloaded in the trunk or luggage area (transporting outside the exemption for transport to & from the range or hunting).

Please correct me if I misunderstood. Kane has done more damage to our cause than all the anti-gun groups combined.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Benefactor Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    It was my understanding that AG Kane changed the reciprocity agreements so that you must be a resident of the state whose permit you possess, in order for it to be honored in PA. Therefore an Illinois resident with an Arizona permit is a no go for carry in PA.

Open carry is, of course, OK providing you are not in Philadelphia or in your car. The AZ permit will allow you to transport in your car with the wepon unloaded in the trunk or luggage area (transporting outside the exemption for transport to & from the range or hunting).

Please correct me if I misunderstood. Kane has done more damage to our cause than all the anti-gun groups combined.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    I thought that was just for PA residents carrying on another states permit. But I've been wrong before.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Shisno View Post
    I thought that was just for PA residents carrying on another states permit. But I've been wrong before.
    The decision does effect people with carry permits not from there home state. You still can carry in your car with a permit from any state as a non-resident though. You would have to open carry once you exit your vehicle. Also avoid Philly, Gun Free School zones, and you would have to check to make sure we are not in a State of Emergancy.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by DianeL View Post
    I hvae a CCP issued by my local sheriff in Penn. and I have been advised that if stopped for any traffic violation I must inform the officer that I do have a weapon in my car or on my person. Might the sheriff be incorrect?
    I don't believe incorrect is the right word, lying would be more appropriate.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    I don't believe incorrect is the right word, lying would be more appropriate.

Illinois resident? I left after they told us we cannot carry guns and that we must rely on police at all times outside of our homes.

When I got to PA and had my PA license I blew up my FOID with tannerite. Toilet paper is more valuable and useful than a FOID.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast