Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Wyoming County)

Default CCW Police Style Badge

I came across this while looking for a holster for my 24-7 pro 45. this site sells CC holsters OC holsters and something that i found interesting. a CCW Badge that looks like a police badge. along with a badge and permit holder/wallet

http://www.popguns.com/default.htm

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: CCW Police Style Badge

Quote Originally Posted by Goonyshooter89 View Post
    I came across this while looking for a holster for my 24-7 pro 45. this site sells CC holsters OC holsters and something that i found interesting. a CCW Badge that looks like a police badge. along with a badge and permit holder/wallet

why would you want that?

what did you do to deserve a badge?

Besides the fact that our license isn't called a Concealed Carry Permit the badge is just a bad idea. If you have badge envy, go sign up for the police academy.

And when exactly would you use this badge? The only time you'd ever have to show your LTCF is to a police officer after being stopped for a crime. How far will flashing your 'badge' go at that point?

(Wyoming County)

i would want it to make it easier on the LEOs and myself if i ever get asked for my permit, with the permit/badge holder it would be all together and i could just hand it to the LEO instead of digging through my wallet to find it

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by NShortino View Post
    Besides the fact that our license isn't called a Concealed Carry Permit the badge is just a bad idea. If you have badge envy, go sign up for the police academy.

And when exactly would you use this badge? The only time you'd ever have to show your LTCF is to a police officer after being stopped for a crime. How far will flashing your 'badge' go at that point?

i know that our permit is called an LTCF, i am just passing on what i found to others that might find it interesting

Keeping your PA license to carry handy is one thing, getting a concealed permit badge is another... and a bad idea as well.

It serves no useful or lawful purpose. Not that it would be illegal, unless you use it in some way to impersonate a cop

(York County)

I've seen these before, and have wondered what keeps anyone from buying one...it literally means nothing. The only practical use would be to wear it next to your sidearm to quell the fears of the sheeple who are scared by non-LEO carrying a firearm....

i know that our permit is called an LTCF, i am just passing on what i found to others that might find it interesting
    Mine is all together too. Its in this nifty little contraption called a "wallet". Generally rides in my back pocket, in its own little compartment separate from my identification.

I'm a firefighter, and I carry no badge, although I could if I wanted one. However, it serves no purpose except to add weight to my wallet. This badge is the same way, and will do nothing except to serve as a means to get someone into hot water.

Do a search on this site and you will find the general consensus here is that a CCW badge is a bad idea. Your opinion may differ but if you want to see the arguments against a search should turn up a few threads.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast