Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB80 (Formerly HB 1243, Preemption Law Changes) Is Off to the Governor for Signature!

Thanks to everyone's support of this bill, it has passed a concurrence vote in the House, and is now off to the Governor's desk to be signed. To link to the latest discussion on this effort, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Concealed & Open Carry > Concealed Carry

Notices

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old November 23rd, 2008, 08:32 PM

(Mifflin County)
maddawgg is on a distinguished road
Default DUI/concealed carry

If this has been addressed previously I apologize for the repetition. I was recently involved in a very minor accident and was subsequently charged with DUI. Will these charges affect my CC permit? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old November 23rd, 2008, 08:47 PM
Grand Member

(Beaver County)
roland has a reputation beyond reputeroland has a reputation beyond reputeroland has a reputation beyond reputeroland has a reputation beyond reputeroland has a reputation beyond reputeroland has a reputation beyond reputeroland has a reputation beyond reputeroland has a reputation beyond reputeroland has a reputation beyond reputeroland has a reputation beyond reputeroland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DUI/concealed carry

I don't think the charges will affect your cc permit. But if you are convicted, and subsiquintly put on probation, then, they may request you to hand over your permit and cut it up. I believe after your probation, you can reapply for a cc permit. But don't hold me to it. Sorry to hear about your situation.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 08:51 PM
Grand Member
PAFOA Benefactor

(Northampton County)
imperialism2024 has a reputation beyond reputeimperialism2024 has a reputation beyond reputeimperialism2024 has a reputation beyond reputeimperialism2024 has a reputation beyond reputeimperialism2024 has a reputation beyond reputeimperialism2024 has a reputation beyond reputeimperialism2024 has a reputation beyond reputeimperialism2024 has a reputation beyond reputeimperialism2024 has a reputation beyond reputeimperialism2024 has a reputation beyond reputeimperialism2024 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to imperialism2024

AFAIK, one DUI is not an enumerated offense that will prohibit you. However, if the Sheriff catches wind of it, he may try to revoke it under the useless "character" clause.

So, I wouldn't make a big deal about it, and especially wouldn't let the Sheriff's office find out.

But take note that I am not a lawyer (yet), and thus my advice should not be taken as fact.

EDITED TO ADD: If you have a "CC permit" from Pennsylvania, it is obviously a fraud and is not valid for concealed carry or any carry in Philadelphia. You should, instead, have a "License to Carry Firearms", often abbreviated "LTCF".

Μολὼν λαβέ
Old November 23rd, 2008, 08:58 PM
Banned

(Pike County)
deputy is a jewel in the roughdeputy is a jewel in the roughdeputy is a jewel in the roughdeputy is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to deputy

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperialism2024 View Post
AFAIK, one DUI is not an enumerated offense that will prohibit you. However, if the Sheriff catches wind of it, he may try to revoke it under the useless "character" clause.

So, I wouldn't make a big deal about it, and especially wouldn't let the Sheriff's office find out.

But take note that I am not a lawyer (yet), and thus my advice should not be taken as fact.

EDITED TO ADD: If you have a "CC permit" from Pennsylvania, it is obviously a fraud and is not valid for concealed carry or any carry in Philadelphia. You should, instead, have a "License to Carry Firearms", often abbreviated "LTCF".

No doubt about that, considering your advice isn't worth a dogs' ass!
Old November 23rd, 2008, 09:43 PM
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(York County)
tes151 has a reputation beyond reputetes151 has a reputation beyond reputetes151 has a reputation beyond reputetes151 has a reputation beyond reputetes151 has a reputation beyond reputetes151 has a reputation beyond reputetes151 has a reputation beyond reputetes151 has a reputation beyond reputetes151 has a reputation beyond reputetes151 has a reputation beyond reputetes151 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy View Post
No doubt about that, considering your advice isn't worth a dogs' ass!
Huh? Is that to mean he should through himself at the mercy of a sheriff? I'm all for not letting anybody know you have an LTCF. If they find out, oh well, but I would never let them know. It might just go unnoticed.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

(Jefferson County)
knight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to knight0334 Send a message via AIM to knight0334 Send a message via MSN to knight0334 Send a message via Yahoo to knight0334

3 DUI's in five years will prohibit you. Also, under PA's new DUI law (1) DUI can get you prohibited depending on certain circumstances(injuries, damages, etc) because it elevates the charge to M1 or higher.

You need to find out what the charge was for sure, M2, M1, F3, etc..

Last edited by knight0334; November 23rd, 2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 10:34 PM

(Chester County)
LM4300 has a reputation beyond reputeLM4300 has a reputation beyond reputeLM4300 has a reputation beyond reputeLM4300 has a reputation beyond reputeLM4300 has a reputation beyond reputeLM4300 has a reputation beyond reputeLM4300 has a reputation beyond reputeLM4300 has a reputation beyond reputeLM4300 has a reputation beyond reputeLM4300 has a reputation beyond reputeLM4300 has a reputation beyond repute

It's possibly affected.

I say this because one of my former co-workers (LEO) in Chester County, had a guy for DUI. They found a gun in his car. While checking with the Sheriff's Office to see if he had a valid LCTF, they (the Sheriff's Office) said that they may "suspend" his LCTF for X amount of time. My co-worker does not know if the guy was actually "suspended" or not and if he did, if he got is LCTF back or not. As far as I know it was a 1st time DUI, with no other criminal charges. Personally, I have never had this situation, or know anyone else who has.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator

(Jefferson County)
knight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to knight0334 Send a message via AIM to knight0334 Send a message via MSN to knight0334 Send a message via Yahoo to knight0334

I must have miss read the OP's first post and I gotta add to the above post.

If/when you go on probation you can be certain to bet your LTCF will be revoked. And while on probation you will not be allowed to possess any weapons.