Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Question Renew LTCF in Chester County?

I lived in Bucks County when I originally got it. I now live in Chester County and renewal time is coming.

What do I need to do & where do I need to go to renew?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Renew LTCF in Chester County?

Welcome to Chester County, where your Sheriff is named Bunny. Really. She is very pro-LTCF. The link below has LTCF info.

http://www.chesco.org/index.aspx?nid=167

We moved here from Berks Co. in 2008, and just applied from scratch. Permit came in a couple of weeks (also for wife's LTCF)

(Chester County)

I am pretty sure if you are within 3 months of expiration you can apply for your new one now. The link above should should have the info you need. If not just head down to the court in west chester and the people in the sheriffs office will take care of you. Either way you are going to have to go down there at some point for your picture, I would just head down there.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ckellyme3 View Post
    If not just head down to the court in west chester and the people in the sheriffs office will take care of you.
    Chester County is a piece of cake. Go through the metal detectors and Bunny's office is stage left, ground floor. Show up with your application/renewal already filled out.

When I renewed in May the Deputy asked me if I was familiar with the Castle Doctrine and did I attend any firearms training? Wasn't expecting that, but whatever... I said "yes" to the Castle Doctrine and "no" to the training. Then I advised him I was former military and a Director of my local gun club (thinking I probably forgot more about firearms than he knew).

Deputy took my picture and sent me on my way. LTCF arrived in the mail a couple, two, three weeks later.

(Chester County)

I am pretty sure if you are within 3 months of expiration you can apply for your new one now. The link above should should have the info you need. If not just head down to the court in west chester and the people in the sheriffs office will take care of you. Either way you are going to have to go down there at some point for your picture, I would just head down there.
    Yea, looks like you have to fill out an app even for a renewal so I'll just go down there. Problem is, my work hours make it impossible. I guess I'll tell work I have a doctor's appt. I don't know if they are anti-gun or what so no need to invite drama.

(Chester County)

+1 on that. I'll be in your shoes soon as mine is up in march. I wonder if they make you wait the 45 days all over again to renew here in chester county, or if they just print you out a new one on the spot? Hopefully one of our more knowledgeable members has an awnser.

(Chester County)

I wonder if they make you wait the 45 days all over again to renew here in chester county, or if they just print you out a new one on the spot?
    See post # 4.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    See post # 4.
    Ahh my stupid phone. I read your post right after I posted that and edited it thanking you. Guess it didn't go through. Thanks.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Chester County is a piece of cake. Go through the metal detectors and Bunny's office is stage left, ground floor. Show up with your application/renewal already filled out.

When I renewed in May the Deputy asked me if I was familiar with the Castle Doctrine and did I attend any firearms training? Wasn't expecting that, but whatever... I said "yes" to the Castle Doctrine and "no" to the training. Then I advised him I was former military and a Director of my local gun club (thinking I probably forgot more about firearms than he knew).

Deputy took my picture and sent me on my way. LTCF arrived in the mail a couple, two, three weeks later.
    I believe it (Deputy's office) is on the second floor...I could be wrong, but I thought it was up the steps and to the left?

I had a good experience there, I look like a walking police sketch but the deputies were real cool, chatted me up...Asked me those questions too, which I think he should...I said yes and no (training) and he game me some papers about the CD and training places.

OP, depending where you are in ChesCo, you can probably get it done in a long lunch break or leaving work a little early...Just download the forms and have them ready.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by f_bomb View Post
    I believe it (Deputy's office) is on the second floor...I could be wrong, but I thought it was up the steps and to the left?
    You're correct, up 5-6 steps or so and stage left (no elevator though). And it's the Sheriff's office.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast