Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default N82 Professional Holster

While researching other holsters I came across the N82 Professional holster. I like the concept of this holster, especially for summer carry. Some things I like about the holster are: 1) it's sweatproof, 2) it's reportedly very comfortable, 3) the cant is adjustable, and 4) you can reholster one handed. My only complaint is the carry height is not adjustable. I'm considering getting one for summer (think hot and humid July) carry (this means khaki shorts and a loose fitting t-shirt). Does anybody have any input about this holster?

I had a Ruger SR40c and sold it to my buddy. Along with it I gave him a Cleveland's Holster (Crossbreed style) made of horsehide and with a combat cut. He doesn't use it and gave it back to me to use in my Ruger SR9c. I adjust the height and cant of the holster to what feels best to me, but it is still not 100% comfortable....especially when I am sitting down. I can tolerate using it for a few hours, but not for the entire day. This started my new holster search, and I cam across the N82 Professional Holster and Theis Holsters Single Clip - Horsehide holster.

N82 Professional Holster

Theis Holsters Single Clip - Horsehide

(Chester County)

Default Re: N82 Professional Holster

I just ordered a N82 Professional Holster for my SR9c. I'll let you guys know what I think once I get it.

(Lancaster County)

I will probably buy one but I'm proven to be holster crazy.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

I have two (different sizes) of the N28 "standard" versions. Very happy with them, but no experience with the "pro" model. Looks like the extra retention hardware would increase the thickness somewhat.

Regards, Jim

(Delaware County)

I have 3 N82 holsters. One is a Professional. Without a doubt the best holsters I have ever owned. Very comfortable and the retension is great. You wont be disappointed.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Berks County)

I don't have the single clip but I'm wearing a theis ez clip right now. He makes really nice holsters. Friend bought one too.

(Chester County)

Update...

I received the holster today. First, the holster wasn't oversized like I worried it would be. It fully covered my firearm and was not any bigger than it had to be. I put on the holster and started to twist my body, wiggle side to side, and repeat the same movements while sitting down. The gun never touched my body, and it is the most comfortable holster I ever wore. Even when the outline of the holster pressed up against my skin, that wasn't even uncomfortable, unlike crossbreed-style holsters. I can easily carry my Ruger SR9c all day in that holster without any issues. I was originally worried about concealability since it was a single clip design. I wore the holster while wearing jeans and a loose fitting t-shirt (not to be confused with a baggie or over sized shirt). It concealed my pistol perfectly and no worse or better than the crossbreed-style holsters.

Now comes my only negative complaint. I ordered the professional model with the polycarbonate sheath. This model allows you to reholster one handed while also offering a level of retention. In order to draw the pistol, you have to slightly push your pistol's grip towards your body and pull out the holster. It took awhile, but I started to get the hang of it. I tried drawing fast, but my pistol wouldn't budge. If I took my time, then I could unholster it without any problems. When I tried to draw as if I were in a self defense situation, I couldn't get out the gun. This made me very disappointed. I tried this SEVERAL times and couldn't draw it quickly. I was worried if I was in a self defense situation, between the stress and adrenaline, I might screw up and not be able to draw quickly.

After thinking it over, I decided that I should have gotten the "original model" with the elastic sheath. The pros of this model is that I could draw quickly without any problems while still having the same amount of comfort provided by the "pancake" portion of the holster. The cons of this model is that I could not reholster one handed and the cant is not adjustable. I looked at where the clip was positioned on this holster and it is in the same exact location/cant setting that I loved with the professional model. So really it came down to a fast, life-saving quick draw or being able to reholster one handed. Thinking it over, I decided to go with the original model and having the ability to draw more reliably and quickly. I rather have this option because I believe my life is more on the line when drawing rather than when it came time to reholster. So now I wanted the original model.

I called up N82 Tactical and told them I loved their holster, but didn't care for their retention system on the professional model. I said I would love to return the professional model and receive the original model instead. I spoke to (I forget her first name) Ms./Mrs. Stone. She was very kind and helpful. She explained I could either return the holster and they would ship me out the original model and refund the difference, or I could order the original model now (paying for it now) and have my full money refunded on the professional model when they receive it. Being the impatient person I am, I chose the 2nd option. Today I ordered the original model, and I just dropped off the professional model at my local post office.

In short, it is a very comfortable, concealable holster by an excellent company! It comes down to the individual which model they want, and which one works for them the best. I cannot wait for my original model to come in the mail, and once again I will update this thread after wearing it for awhile.

(Montgomery County)

I have N82 pro for my glock 26 gen 4 for a year now. It is very comfy and I love the adjustable cant. It retains nicely.

....Then Piers Morgan came on and I almost got a concussion from facepalming so hard.

(Chester County)

I just got the "original" model in the mail today. I put my Ruger SR9c in the holster and ran my errands for 3 hours. THIS IS THE MOST COMFORTABLE HOLSTER I EVER USED. Seriously, there was no discomfort while carrying. My firearm concealed perfectly too. My only complaint is I can't reholster one handed, but this is a very minor issue compared to how comfortable this holster is. I can also draw my pistol very quickly. Because the sheath is made out of a very strong elastic, I can also use this holster for a large variety of other pistols too. Really, for $40 this is the best bang for your buck for an iwb holster.

(Warren County)

my wife has the elastic model. they make 2 versions of that a tuckable and a non tuckable i think.

I tried it with her xdsc right after she got it. i felt it was comfortable but the pistol moved around on my side too much. The xdsc was probably too heavy for 1 clip. I would try her second holster for the tcp but i am not sure i am man enough to wear a pink tcp.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast