Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Regions > Lehigh Valley & Philadelphia Region > Chester

Notices

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old November 21st, 2010, 11:41 AM
Grand Member

bogey1 has a reputation beyond reputebogey1 has a reputation beyond reputebogey1 has a reputation beyond reputebogey1 has a reputation beyond reputebogey1 has a reputation beyond reputebogey1 has a reputation beyond reputebogey1 has a reputation beyond reputebogey1 has a reputation beyond reputebogey1 has a reputation beyond reputebogey1 has a reputation beyond reputebogey1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default DOES ANYBODY LIVE NEAR VALLEY FORGE PARK

if you do, and travel 252 near the flying field, i have a plane stuck in a tree across from the entrance of the flying field.
if you see that the plane has fallen out of the tree and is still there (not stolen) can you grab it for me? i would really appreciate it. i would like to salvage the electronics. pm me.. thanks, bogey

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old November 21st, 2010, 02:32 PM
Silver Supporters
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Delaware County)
Dannytheman has a reputation beyond reputeDannytheman has a reputation beyond reputeDannytheman has a reputation beyond reputeDannytheman has a reputation beyond reputeDannytheman has a reputation beyond reputeDannytheman has a reputation beyond reputeDannytheman has a reputation beyond reputeDannytheman has a reputation beyond reputeDannytheman has a reputation beyond reputeDannytheman has a reputation beyond reputeDannytheman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Dannytheman Send a message via Yahoo to Dannytheman
Default Re: DOES ANYBODY LIVE NEAR VALLEY FORGE PARK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
if you do, and travel 252 near the flying field, i have a plane stuck in a tree across from the entrance of the flying field.
if you see that the plane has fallen out of the tree and is still there (not stolen) can you grab it for me? i would really appreciate it. i would like to salvage the electronics. pm me.. thanks, bogey
I go by there every day on my way home. I will be happy to look for it for you. It is dark now though at 5:15 when I get there.

How high up is it? I am pretty good at slinging a rope with a huge bolt tied to the end.

Old November 21st, 2010, 02:47 PM
Grand Member

bogey1 has a reputation beyond reputebogey1 has a reputation beyond reputebogey1 has a reputation beyond reputebogey1 has a reputation beyond reputebogey1 has a reputation beyond reputebogey1 has a reputation beyond reputebogey1 has a reputation beyond reputebogey1 has a reputation beyond reputebogey1 has a reputation beyond reputebogey1 has a reputation beyond reputebogey1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannytheman View Post
I go by there every day on my way home. I will be happy to look for it for you. It is dark now though at 5:15 when I get there.

How high up is it? I am pretty good at slinging a rope with a huge bolt tied to the end.
thanks dan, its about 75' up or so. someone from the signal seekers called today and said hes going to try to find someone with a bow and shoot it down.
what they do is tie a string around the arrow, blast it through the plane and yank it down (in many pieces), all im after is the servos, receiver, battery..

if your going towards 202 on 252, the tree will be on your left about 50yrds before the entrance to the field. its red and white with black stripes on the underside of the wings.
Old November 21st, 2010, 03:00 PM
Banned

(Bucks County)
AxiTech has a reputation beyond reputeAxiTech has a reputation beyond reputeAxiTech has a reputation beyond reputeAxiTech has a reputation beyond reputeAxiTech has a reputation beyond reputeAxiTech has a reputation beyond reputeAxiTech has a reputation beyond reputeAxiTech has a reputation beyond reputeAxiTech has a reputation beyond reputeAxiTech has a reputation beyond reputeAxiTech has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to say I have a ladder and would be glad to get it for you, but 75'? Uh, sorry, no can do! Good luck, though.
Old November 22nd, 2010, 07:33 AM
Silver Supporters
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Delaware County)
Dannytheman has a reputation beyond reputeDannytheman has a reputation beyond reputeDannytheman has a reputation beyond reputeDannytheman has a reputation beyond reputeDannytheman has a reputation beyond reputeDannytheman has a reputation beyond reputeDannytheman has a reputation beyond reputeDannytheman has a reputation beyond reputeDannytheman has a reputation beyond reputeDannytheman has a reputation beyond reputeDannytheman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
thanks dan, its about 75' up or so. someone from the signal seekers called today and said hes going to try to find someone with a bow and shoot it down.
what they do is tie a string around the arrow, blast it through the plane and yank it down (in many pieces), all im after is the servos, receiver, battery..

if your going towards 202 on 252, the tree will be on your left about 50yrds before the entrance to the field. its red and white with black stripes on the underside of the wings.
Cool, I will look and see if it is still there today! 75 feet up is up there.
I will update you tonight.

Old November 22nd, 2010, 04:59 PM
Silver Supporters
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Delaware County)

Saw it today and you are right it is stuck as tight as it could be. The tail rudder is jammed down tight in the crook of that "Y" section of the branches.

Don't think rope alone will do it.

I will keep driving by and let you know what I see!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00036.jpg (22.2 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00037.jpg (29.7 KB, 74 views)

Old November 22nd, 2010, 06:41 PM
Grand Member

thanks dan, yeah i didnt get a call today so i figured it was still up there.
i was just down the basement bench testing the motor, still works great..
damn i miss flying that thing, today would of been perfect.

looks from one of the pics, the mono coat is missing on the one wing, maybe the guys tried shooting it down but couldnt get it.

thanks for the pics, with my phone you couldnt see it..

Last edited by bogey1; November 22nd, 2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old September 27th, 2011, 11:24 AM

(Chester County)
phoenixvillehunt is an unknown quantity at this point

did you ever recover this?
Old September 27th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixvillehunt View Post
did you ever recover this?
nope. someone grabbed it when it fell.
Old September 29th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Silver Supporters
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Delaware County)

Wasn't me!!! But I still go by there 5 days a week!!