Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Action alert on HB2011 regarding Pre-Emption

Rep Mike Turzai has committed to move HB 2011. This bill strengthens pre-emption by providing for standing and compensation of expenses in the event a local law needs to be challenged that conflicts with State gun laws. Corbett said he will sign if it is put on his desk in the remaining 11 days left to the legislative session.

For more information and updates on these efforts, and to get involved, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Regions > Valleys of the Susquehanna Region > Centre

Notices

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old August 29th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Grand Member

(Somerset County)
dk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond repute
Default State College week of Sept 19

Looks like work will have me in State College from the 19th to the 23rd. I don't have the schedule yet but I will have to eat supper sometime/somewhere.

Anybody available to join me?

Dale

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old August 30th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Grand Member

(Centre County)
Xringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: State College week of Sept 19

Dale,
If my work schedule stays the way it should, I'll be home that week. Be glad to meet up with you. With the students back in town, depending on where you want to go it can be wait. Let me know what you like and if you haven't been up this way I can suggest some places.

Do you know where you are staying?
Old August 31st, 2011, 08:33 PM
Grand Member

(Somerset County)
dk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond repute

Been to State College plenty of times (PSU alum, grew up in DuBois) so I know all about how crowded it can be. But there's got to be new places (I'm so old my favorite bar was the Scorpion)

I'm staying at the Days Inn on Pugh St.

Dale
Old August 31st, 2011, 08:53 PM
Grand Member

(Centre County)
TheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond repute

Depending on days off, I would be interested as well. Will check Sept schedule Friday when I am back in.
Old September 1st, 2011, 03:45 AM
Grand Member
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Clinton County)
B2Luv2Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeB2Luv2Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeB2Luv2Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeB2Luv2Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeB2Luv2Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeB2Luv2Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeB2Luv2Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeB2Luv2Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeB2Luv2Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeB2Luv2Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeB2Luv2Hunt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk99358 View Post
Been to State College plenty of times (PSU alum, grew up in DuBois) so I know all about how crowded it can be. But there's got to be new places (I'm so old my favorite bar was the Scorpion)

Dale
That was back in the dark ages. Back when I went there to listen to the bands.
Old September 1st, 2011, 12:50 PM

(Bedford County)
NuclearMeltdown is a splendid one to beholdNuclearMeltdown is a splendid one to beholdNuclearMeltdown is a splendid one to beholdNuclearMeltdown is a splendid one to beholdNuclearMeltdown is a splendid one to beholdNuclearMeltdown is a splendid one to beholdNuclearMeltdown is a splendid one to behold

If you can show up early, the Centre Hall gun show is the two weekend days before you arrive.
Old September 9th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Grand Member

(Centre County)
FLICK has a reputation beyond reputeFLICK has a reputation beyond reputeFLICK has a reputation beyond reputeFLICK has a reputation beyond reputeFLICK has a reputation beyond reputeFLICK has a reputation beyond reputeFLICK has a reputation beyond reputeFLICK has a reputation beyond reputeFLICK has a reputation beyond reputeFLICK has a reputation beyond reputeFLICK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearMeltdown View Post
If you can show up early, the Centre Hall gun show is the two weekend days before you arrive.
Is this the show at the Grange Fairgrounds or a different show? My Google-fu is broken and I can't find any info????? Thanks.
Old September 9th, 2011, 10:34 PM

(Bedford County)
NuclearMeltdown is a splendid one to beholdNuclearMeltdown is a splendid one to beholdNuclearMeltdown is a splendid one to beholdNuclearMeltdown is a splendid one to beholdNuclearMeltdown is a splendid one to beholdNuclearMeltdown is a splendid one to beholdNuclearMeltdown is a splendid one to behold

Here's the only place I found the info:

http://forum.pafoa.org/gun-shows-111...pt-2011-a.html (Centre Hall - Grange Fairgrounds - OSC Gun Show - 17-18 Sept 2011)

At the fairgrounds.
Old September 11th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Grand Member

(Somerset County)

I saw a tentative schedule for the training sessions I will be attending.

There are several of us coming up from Lancaster, we have to be there by 10 AM Monday the 19th. The sessions are supposed to be done by 5, maybe 5:30 PM on Mon-Thurs. and we are out of there by 2 PM on Friday the 23rd.

So if anyone is available and wants to meet for dinner, (or a couple of beers later) let me know. I'm staying at the Days Inn on Pugh St. I may or may not have access to wheels, I don't know yet.

Dale
Old September 11th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Grand Member

(Centre County)
TheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond repute

Will check which day I have off that week and post. Wouldn't mind dinner. Could always visit a newly friendly OC/CC location:
http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...-friendly.html (LAST UPDATE?: State College-Texas Roadhouse-IS NOW OC/CC FRIENDLY!!!)

OR, I have a great relationship with the day folks at 5 Guys. Not sure if the night people are aware of OC/CC yet. I could warn them ahead of time (LOL)

Burger King is also a spot I go regularly while OC. Sheetz is another. Guess these 2 are not what you would call dinner/drink spots.

Could always try to educate someone/somewhere new.