Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Regions > Pittsburgh Region > Beaver

Notices

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old May 20th, 2011, 09:09 AM

(Beaver County)
kevine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hunting on my land

I am new to Beaver County and Pennsylvania recently. I recently bought a new home here and i have almost 6 acres of land. I was curious about a few things.

Am i able to shoot my guns on my property?
Am i able to hunt on my property without a license? ( gun and/or a bow )

Thank you in advance.

Kevin

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old May 20th, 2011, 09:20 AM

(Erie County)
ChuckS has a reputation beyond reputeChuckS has a reputation beyond reputeChuckS has a reputation beyond reputeChuckS has a reputation beyond reputeChuckS has a reputation beyond reputeChuckS has a reputation beyond reputeChuckS has a reputation beyond reputeChuckS has a reputation beyond reputeChuckS has a reputation beyond reputeChuckS has a reputation beyond reputeChuckS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hunting on my land

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevine View Post
...Am i able to shoot my guns on my property?
Am i able to hunt on my property without a license? ( gun and/or a bow )
Hi Kevin welcome to PAFOA.

You may be able to shoot on your own land depending on local laws for noise and discharge of firearms. Ask your local municipality.

You may be able to hunt on your own land providing any adjoining lands don't have buildings that fall within the legal hunting zone distances. But hunting is a regulated activity and you will need to have a hunting license to pursue hunting, even on your own property.

Penna. Game Commission

“The will to win is important. But the will to prepare is vital.” — Joe Paterno
Old June 5th, 2011, 10:23 PM

(Beaver County)
joe magarack has a reputation beyond reputejoe magarack has a reputation beyond reputejoe magarack has a reputation beyond reputejoe magarack has a reputation beyond reputejoe magarack has a reputation beyond reputejoe magarack has a reputation beyond reputejoe magarack has a reputation beyond reputejoe magarack has a reputation beyond reputejoe magarack has a reputation beyond reputejoe magarack has a reputation beyond reputejoe magarack has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Hunting on my land

kevin, lemme know if you want a shooting partner on your own land. we can see if we both get in trouble! I live in Beaver, Beaver County too.
Old June 6th, 2011, 07:37 AM

(Butler County)
Python73 has a reputation beyond reputePython73 has a reputation beyond reputePython73 has a reputation beyond reputePython73 has a reputation beyond reputePython73 has a reputation beyond reputePython73 has a reputation beyond reputePython73 has a reputation beyond reputePython73 has a reputation beyond reputePython73 has a reputation beyond reputePython73 has a reputation beyond reputePython73 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Am i able to shoot my guns on my property?
Yes. I grew up in Beaver County and shot guns every day on my property from about 10 years old until I moved for College. BC is still nice and redneck... your neighbors expect you to be shootin' shit.

Quote:
Am i able to hunt on my property without a license? (gun and/or a bow)
No. Another failing of the whole "my property" concept. Even if you consider the land yours (and it isn't because you are forcibly taxed on it) the critters there belong to the state. If you want to shoot critters in PA you'll need a hunting license.
Old July 26th, 2011, 02:18 AM

Harrison is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow thats nice. I also want to buy a place here but I have not enough time to go and search a place. Well I think there is no problem having gun on your property if you have a licensed gun.
Old July 26th, 2011, 02:41 AM
Grand Member
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Clinton County)
B2Luv2Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeB2Luv2Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeB2Luv2Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeB2Luv2Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeB2Luv2Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeB2Luv2Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeB2Luv2Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeB2Luv2Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeB2Luv2Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeB2Luv2Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeB2Luv2Hunt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
Wow thats nice. I also want to buy a place here but I have not enough time to go and search a place. Well I think there is no problem having gun on your property if you have a licensed gun.
There are no Licensed Guns in PA. People get Licenses.
Old July 26th, 2011, 05:35 AM

(Butler County)
Python73 has a reputation beyond reputePython73 has a reputation beyond reputePython73 has a reputation beyond reputePython73 has a reputation beyond reputePython73 has a reputation beyond reputePython73 has a reputation beyond reputePython73 has a reputation beyond reputePython73 has a reputation beyond reputePython73 has a reputation beyond reputePython73 has a reputation beyond reputePython73 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
Well I think there is no problem having gun on your property if you have a licensed gun.
Please leave that nonsense New York thinking behind you when you come to PA. We don't have licensed guns. We also don't have licensed hammers, shovels, kitchen knives, or any other tool you might use to perform a task. Other than vehicles, that is... since many years ago some morons thought it would be okay if the government went ahead and controlled their use (by taxing the shit out of it). SIGH.