Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Stupid Hoarders!

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    I found a box of 100rnd WWB .45acp in with my rifle ammo today. I have no .45 gun so I sold it for $30.

Did I mention that I sold it at the range to my best friend and we then shot a fair amount of it.

Ahh... I was just about to say that someone ripped you off. LOL

It was going for $40 BEFORE things went nuts.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cephas View Post
    My name is Cephas and I guess I'm a hoarder. Didn't start out that way, and I never meant it to happen. After the last primer shortage, prior to the crush, I started stocking up. Every paycheck I diverted money for a pound of powder or primers. Rationalized it by saying I load enough over winter for the year, and I really didn't affect those who only shoot commercial. I sunk so low I drove a distance to get some old lead sewer pipe for casting. Oh the humanity, and the smell.
    Now the shame of it all. I'm still setting back that money every paycheck for when the supplies return at a decent price.
    Not to screw the next guy, but to ensure that I can do what it is I want to do.
    May you burn in Eternal Damnation. Think of the Children. Those bullets could cause harm.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    You're a hoarder if you bought any ammo that you don't plan on using immediately.

There is some guy who just wants to go to the range today and he CAN'T because YOU bought the last box on the shelf and you don't even NEED it - not like HE does.
    Thank you Emptymag... well said!

I have bust through the door / home invasion ammo, but not enough for my range purposes. Sandy Hook caught me off guard (I should have reacted and ran to Wallys for resupply).

(Blair County)

the ranges have been pretty busy for there being an ammo shortage. I took about 400 rounds to the range this past Saturday to test new loads. I felt bad shooting more then 5 of each....even the ones that weren't shooting well. I did shoot 2 boxes of .40 federal hxts and 1 box of Underwood 10mm. Felt it in my gut. Like a waste of money, but I needed to shoot these guns just for confidence sake. Havent shot my Sig in like a year....shot the mag out of my carry pistol just to reload it. Got a good load now for the AR so I can load up a big batch.

(Washington County)

I buy and store because i am young 29 and just had a daughter. if ammo prices keep going up by the time she's ready for college. I'll be paying 3 bucks a round for 45acp or be paying her tuition with what i have already stacked up

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by tonyqt View Post
    At what level does it become hoarding? 100, 500, 5000 rounds? A week, month, year worth of range ammo? I'm a hobbiest shooter and love going. (Going today, 3rd time this week) I need to know what the line is of becoming a horder so I don't cross it. Please someone let me know. I'm so confused.
    For the most part it is a matter of opinion. The term "hoarder" tends to have psychiatric implications, although this can be merely an opinion as well. It also can be a used in a jealous moment when someone has items that another person wants or needs, which probably better describes this thread. Is it a problem to have things like ammunition, stored food and lots of funds for retirement? I say no, assuming those things are affordable for the individual. But if the person is neglecting their mortgage, car payments, and taxes, as well as their ability to perform their job and any other daily things needed to get by in order to "hoard" things, then there could be a problem.
    ...and they have a plan...

(Allegheny County)

Originally Posted by Emptymag
    You're a hoarder if you bought any ammo that you don't plan on using immediately.

There is some guy who just wants to go to the range today and he CAN'T because YOU bought the last box on the shelf and you don't even NEED it - not like HE does.

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Thank you Emptymag... well said!

I have bust through the door / home invasion ammo, but not enough for my range purposes. Sandy Hook caught me off guard (I should have reacted and ran to Wallys for resupply).

I'm not sure you caught the fact that my post was 100% sarcasm.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Things are starting to get tight here. I went to my local gun shop and was limited to only one box of .380. They never rationed ammo before. They were also out of 9mm. Another shop had no pistol ammo but .44 Magnum and .45ACP hollowpoints. Dicks, (like I shouldn't have even wasted my time) had no pistol ammo whatsoever.

(Franklin County)

I've recently got into pistol shooting, been shooting rifles for years. I guess it was a bad time to get into it with the ammo shortage but having 2 jobs I have been able to amass a fair amount of pistol ammo and continue picking it up every chance I get. For my 9mm n 40 s&w I've got a small amount put back just in case but i am running low on 22lr. That's the hard one for me to find. My lgs has a 555 rd box of 22 but I don't wanna pay the 80.00 price tag! I can guarantee ammo starts coming back in stock n prices return to normal or close I will be one of those guys the op is complaining about cause I'm not goin without again.

(Berks County)

I know when prices and availability comes back I will be stocking up.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast