Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Stupid Hoarders!

When I got into this guns and all, I only kept one or two boxes at home...then I tried to have at least 10 boxes and right around newtown I had about 15...I did not pay much attention to the ammo situation cause I though only AR and their ammo were at risk...so I made some trips to the range and also broken in my kahr so before I knew it I was down to 7 boxes...when to get some ammo and that is when I realized how bad the situation was...so I got 4 box at 25 and learned my lesson...when thinks get back to normal I will keep 1500-2000 on hand...leSson learned

Well take me off of the hoarder list as that sneaky AR got loose yesterday and used up about 200 rds.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Montgomery County)

At what level does it become hoarding? 100, 500, 5000 rounds? A week, month, year worth of range ammo? I'm a hobbiest shooter and love going. (Going today, 3rd time this week) I need to know what the line is of becoming a horder so I don't cross it. Please someone let me know. I'm so confused.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyqt View Post
    At what level does it become hoarding? 100, 500, 5000 rounds? A week, month, year worth of range ammo? I'm a hobbiest shooter and love going. (Going today, 3rd time this week) I need to know what the line is of becoming a horder so I don't cross it. Please someone let me know. I'm so confused.
    I am curious as well, what qualifies as a hoarder? I am sitting on 1000 9mm, 1500 plus 45, 2000+ 5.56 and right around 1000.22. Does this qualify as a hoarder?

Funny story, Saturday before Christmas I walk into my local Walmart and notice a can of federal 420 round 5.56 green tip. I asked the clerk how many she had and she said 7. I'll take them all. She started shaking and called the manager to see if it was ok. He said yes. As I handed her my CC and she is shaking, "I'm not going to read about you in the paper am I?" LOL.

I made a lot of friends and family happy with some cheap 5.56.

I guess I am one of those hoarder.

(Berks County)

If every room in your house is filled with ammo in the cans, and your mattress is on top of 2 high cases of (__fill in the caliber__) . Your TV and cable box is supported by ammo cans. A board of plywood sitting on top of 6 deep and wide ammo cans is your kitchen table.......

THEN and only THEN you MIGHT be considered a horder.

Got the living room covered myself, just working on the rest of the rooms in the house here
    gotta love her ;)

(Allegheny County)

You're a hoarder if you bought any ammo that you don't plan on using immediately.

There is some guy who just wants to go to the range today and he CAN'T because YOU bought the last box on the shelf and you don't even NEED it - not like HE does.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    You're a hoarder if you bought any ammo that you don't plan on using immediately.

There is some guy who just wants to go to the range today and he CAN'T because YOU bought the last box on the shelf and you don't even NEED it - not like HE does.
    Define "immediately", cause most of the time when I buy ammo, I don't load it and start shooting as soon as I'm done paying for it.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Clarion County)

My name is Cephas and I guess I'm a hoarder. Didn't start out that way, and I never meant it to happen. After the last primer shortage, prior to the crush, I started stocking up. Every paycheck I diverted money for a pound of powder or primers. Rationalized it by saying I load enough over winter for the year, and I really didn't affect those who only shoot commercial. I sunk so low I drove a distance to get some old lead sewer pipe for casting. Oh the humanity, and the smell.
    Now the shame of it all. I'm still setting back that money every paycheck for when the supplies return at a decent price.
    Not to screw the next guy, but to ensure that I can do what it is I want to do.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Susquehanna County)

Smart move !! Since the last crisis on reloading supplies, I've learned a lesson that woke me up. Every month I set a budget of $XXX amount per month to purchase either powder, primers, cases, and bullets for my favorite calibers and misc. equipment.

Supply wise I'm set for a few years.

(Montgomery County)

I found a box of 100rnd WWB .45acp in with my rifle ammo today. I have no .45 gun so I sold it for $30.

Did I mention that I sold it at the range to my best friend and we then shot a fair amount of it.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast