Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Action alert on HB2011 regarding Pre-Emption

Rep Mike Turzai has committed to move HB 2011. This bill strengthens pre-emption by providing for standing and compensation of expenses in the event a local law needs to be challenged that conflicts with State gun laws. Corbett said he will sign if it is put on his desk in the remaining 11 days left to the legislative session.

For more information and updates on these efforts, and to get involved, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Firearms > Ammunition & Reloading

Notices

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old March 10th, 2011, 05:09 PM

(Philadelphia County)
elviejoboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default best place to buy ammo????

is there anywhere else i could buy ammo cheaper than walmart i want to use it for range

i have a sr9c 9mm

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old March 10th, 2011, 05:12 PM

(Jefferson County)
Farmin N' Shootin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: best place to buy ammo????

If buying bulk, ive been thinking ammoman.com has the best deals ?
Old March 12th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Grand Member

(Montgomery County)
Metz has a reputation beyond reputeMetz has a reputation beyond reputeMetz has a reputation beyond reputeMetz has a reputation beyond reputeMetz has a reputation beyond reputeMetz has a reputation beyond reputeMetz has a reputation beyond reputeMetz has a reputation beyond reputeMetz has a reputation beyond reputeMetz has a reputation beyond reputeMetz has a reputation beyond repute

I bought the last batch of Tula 9mm at the gun show for $9 per.
Old March 12th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Grand Member

bluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond repute

ammoengine.com usually has good search options per round, but the federal at walmart is a good price. CHeck out slickguns.com, you can find all kinds of deals there on guns and ammo from various sites.

also the sportmans guide has some good deals here and there.
Old March 12th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Grand Member

(Centre County)
RandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond repute

I've purchased at some good prices at sportsmansguide and ammunitiontogo, but I keep going back to aimsurplus.com.
Old March 12th, 2011, 11:44 PM

(Allegheny County)
Justin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond repute

Walmart is usually the cheapest, by a hair, but I generally buy from aimsurplus and my local shop. Rather support a small business than walmart, even if it costs a few bucks extra. And buying from my local shop keeps me in good standing as a customer, I feel, so when I need something small like boresighting or a part, they take care of me.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.
Old March 13th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Grand Member

bluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond repute

if you are shooting a 9mm i would reccomend getting into reloading. I am going to be getting into it myself and it seems you can find a good reload set up to start with for like $200 or get oen used.

Try to get a touret press and stay away from single stage.
Old March 13th, 2011, 07:34 AM

(Northampton County)
cderk has a reputation beyond reputecderk has a reputation beyond reputecderk has a reputation beyond reputecderk has a reputation beyond reputecderk has a reputation beyond reputecderk has a reputation beyond reputecderk has a reputation beyond reputecderk has a reputation beyond reputecderk has a reputation beyond reputecderk has a reputation beyond reputecderk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog46 View Post
if you are shooting a 9mm i would reccomend getting into reloading. I am going to be getting into it myself and it seems you can find a good reload set up to start with for like $200 or get oen used.

Try to get a touret press and stay away from single stage.
If you have not reloaded before, why would you recommend staying away from a single stage? FWIW, I just purchased a single stage Lee Breech Lock Challenger Kit that came with everything I needed except for components. I paid $100. Couldn't be happier with the purchase. Loaded my first 10 rounds of 9MM 2 days ago, took them to the range and they worked flawlessly. I spent 40 minutes yesterday with my 11 year old son and cranked out another 50 rounds.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money, single stage is the way to go. If 100 rounds an hour is plenty, single stage is the way to go.

My $0.02, YMMV
Old March 13th, 2011, 09:36 AM
PAFOA Gold Supporter

(York County)
LBaker has a reputation beyond reputeLBaker has a reputation beyond reputeLBaker has a reputation beyond reputeLBaker has a reputation beyond reputeLBaker has a reputation beyond reputeLBaker has a reputation beyond reputeLBaker has a reputation beyond reputeLBaker has a reputation beyond reputeLBaker has a reputation beyond reputeLBaker has a reputation beyond reputeLBaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cderk View Post
If you have not reloaded before, why would you recommend staying away from a single stage? FWIW, I just purchased a single stage Lee Breech Lock Challenger Kit that came with everything I needed except for components. I paid $100. Couldn't be happier with the purchase. Loaded my first 10 rounds of 9MM 2 days ago, took them to the range and they worked flawlessly. I spent 40 minutes yesterday with my 11 year old son and cranked out another 50 rounds.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money, single stage is the way to go. If 100 rounds an hour is plenty, single stage is the way to go.

My $0.02, YMMV
And for a few dollars more you can go the turret route and be able to crank them out faster. http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=622290
Old March 13th, 2011, 09:49 AM

(Northampton County)
Rotorwash has a reputation beyond reputeRotorwash has a reputation beyond reputeRotorwash has a reputation beyond reputeRotorwash has a reputation beyond reputeRotorwash has a reputation beyond reputeRotorwash has a reputation beyond reputeRotorwash has a reputation beyond reputeRotorwash has a reputation beyond reputeRotorwash has a reputation beyond reputeRotorwash has a reputation beyond reputeRotorwash has a reputation beyond repute

I've used luckygunner.com in the past for 9mm ammo. I got an order of Military Ballistics 1000rds for $195 shipped. I did not have one issue with the ammo, and it's brass as well. You can do better with Tula, but the cartridges are throwaways. They run tula specials all the time. If you are not buying bulk, I don't think you can do much better than Walmart. Smokewagongear.com had some great specials on Federal .223 as well. Ammoengine.com can help you find good deals.

Check in with the sites often as I know they have sales and weekend specials. Try to sign up for their email blasts as well so you know when the deals hit.

Hope this helps.