Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Regions > Pittsburgh Region > Allegheny

Notices

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old July 24th, 2007, 09:27 AM

(Allegheny County)
87vert is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 87vert
Default Moved from Washington to Allegheny what to do about CCW

Hey guys havent been on in a while. I just purchased a house and got moved in over near Century 3. I moved from washington county so what do I need to do with my permit to get it in allegheny? I know this probably has been covered before but I am at work and most of the site is blocked for me.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old July 24th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Banned

(Philadelphia County)
MarcS is a name known to allMarcS is a name known to allMarcS is a name known to allMarcS is a name known to allMarcS is a name known to allMarcS is a name known to all
Default Re: Moved from Washington to Allegheny what to do about CCW

Renew your permit in your county of residence when it comes time for renewal. There is no reason to do so before then.
Old July 24th, 2007, 12:25 PM

(Allegheny County)
87vert is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 87vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
Renew your permit in your county of residence when it comes time for renewal. There is no reason to do so before then.
okay though my old address is listed at the bottom of the permit should I just call the washington sheriff to tell them I have moved?
Old July 24th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

(Westmoreland County)
RocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond repute

You will need to update your address with the issuing sheriff...that way you will receive your renewal notice at your new address.
Old July 24th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Banned

(Philadelphia County)
MarcS is a name known to allMarcS is a name known to allMarcS is a name known to allMarcS is a name known to allMarcS is a name known to allMarcS is a name known to all

I don't believe it matters if your address on your CCW doesn't match. The only reason to inform them, as was said before, is if you want to get a renewal notice in the mail.