Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Regions > Pittsburgh Region > Allegheny

Notices

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old March 6th, 2009, 08:33 PM

(Allegheny County)
Cush1220 will become famous soon enough
Default Allegheny County LTCF renewal

Just went down today to renew my carry permit. I have 30 days left on my current permit. The AC Sheriffs that work in the office, ( I must say, the women that work down there have the personalities of a can of dinty moore beef stew. But, thats another thread in the making.) Told me that the renewal can take up to 45 days because they are behind. Well my advice is this. At 2 months PRIOR to your permit expiring GO DOWN AND RENEW. I also saw on the wall in the office that they are trying to implement a online registration process so you dont have to make multiple trips downtown.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old March 6th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Grand Member

(Allegheny County)
LittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Allegheny County LTCF renewal

just FYI...your can carry under your old permit for up to 6 months after it expires, so you don't need to worry about the delay in getting your renewed LTCF...

from the PA UFA:

Quote:
§6106. Firearms not to be carried without a license.

(b) Exceptions.-The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to:

(12) A person who has a lawfully issued license to carry a firearm pursuant to section 6109 (relating to licenses) and that said license expired within six months prior to the date of arrest and that the individual is otherwise eligible for renewal of the license.
Old March 6th, 2009, 09:41 PM

(Allegheny County)
NP1724 has a reputation beyond reputeNP1724 has a reputation beyond reputeNP1724 has a reputation beyond reputeNP1724 has a reputation beyond reputeNP1724 has a reputation beyond reputeNP1724 has a reputation beyond reputeNP1724 has a reputation beyond reputeNP1724 has a reputation beyond reputeNP1724 has a reputation beyond reputeNP1724 has a reputation beyond reputeNP1724 has a reputation beyond repute

I would recommend going down there. I sent my LTCF in January by email but it was not put in the system until mid Febuary, so according to the sheriffs office my 45 days started when they put me in the system (their words). Mine is not a renewal so maybe if you just do it as soon as you are able you should be fine, but just don't expect 45 days to start from the moment you push send on your email.
Old March 7th, 2009, 07:12 AM

(Allegheny County)
natrona848 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to natrona848

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush1220 View Post
( I must say, the women that work down there have the personalities of a can of dinty moore beef stew. But, thats another thread in the making.)
yeah, i understand. the best was having to wait 15 min extra so the gossip about not taking a lunch (with a pause in gossip for a bathroom break) could be discussed as the top priority of the morning.
Old March 7th, 2009, 11:55 AM

Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush1220 View Post
Just went down today to renew my carry permit.
Presumably you declined to disclose your social security number, right?
Old March 7th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Grand Member

(Allegheny County)
mojo has a reputation beyond reputemojo has a reputation beyond reputemojo has a reputation beyond reputemojo has a reputation beyond reputemojo has a reputation beyond reputemojo has a reputation beyond reputemojo has a reputation beyond reputemojo has a reputation beyond reputemojo has a reputation beyond reputemojo has a reputation beyond reputemojo has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully it's a good sign ... meaning that a lot of people are getting their LTCF. The more people with it the better.
WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF
Old March 7th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Silver Supporters
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Allegheny County)
PeaceAndLove has a reputation beyond reputePeaceAndLove has a reputation beyond reputePeaceAndLove has a reputation beyond reputePeaceAndLove has a reputation beyond reputePeaceAndLove has a reputation beyond reputePeaceAndLove has a reputation beyond reputePeaceAndLove has a reputation beyond reputePeaceAndLove has a reputation beyond reputePeaceAndLove has a reputation beyond reputePeaceAndLove has a reputation beyond reputePeaceAndLove has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully all of these new carriers will have mentally rehearsed some kind of ROE.

I'm planning to get my LTCF soon. Thanks for the advices, yinz.
Old March 8th, 2009, 07:16 AM

(Washington County)
clueless has a reputation beyond reputeclueless has a reputation beyond reputeclueless has a reputation beyond reputeclueless has a reputation beyond reputeclueless has a reputation beyond reputeclueless has a reputation beyond reputeclueless has a reputation beyond reputeclueless has a reputation beyond reputeclueless has a reputation beyond reputeclueless has a reputation beyond reputeclueless has a reputation beyond repute

bummer - Washington Cty took me 25 mins from start to finish. that's filling out the form, getting the background check, getting photo, paying, and walking out with my LTCF. I did not have one previously.
Old March 8th, 2009, 02:36 PM

(Allegheny County)
Wildturk has a reputation beyond reputeWildturk has a reputation beyond reputeWildturk has a reputation beyond reputeWildturk has a reputation beyond reputeWildturk has a reputation beyond reputeWildturk has a reputation beyond reputeWildturk has a reputation beyond reputeWildturk has a reputation beyond reputeWildturk has a reputation beyond reputeWildturk has a reputation beyond reputeWildturk has a reputation beyond repute

On-line ahead of the time or print it out and mail it as soon as your within the allotted time frame to renew.
Old November 12th, 2009, 08:43 PM

(Allegheny County)
SheepDog_USMC5812 is on a distinguished road

I'm debating on getting my Utah LTCF... it covers PA and 29 additional states. Initial cost is about 65 bucks and then it is 10 dollars every 5 years to renew. No need to be a Utah resident. I understand that I need to be signed off on by a Utah-approved instructor, which will cost me about 75 bucks, but sounds like it might be worth it.

Any thoughts? I am currently in law enforcement and am covered in all 50 states under HR218 (Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act), but am looking at a different career path in the near future.