Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Regions > Pittsburgh Region > Allegheny

Notices

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old January 4th, 2008, 08:48 AM

(Allegheny County)
school89 is on a distinguished road
Default Carry Permit for Allegheny County

Not sure if this is the correct forum or not. If not I am sorry!!!

I am amazed as to how quickly I got my yellow card back from the Sheriff Department. I applied on December 27, 2007 amd they stamped the card December 28 and I received it January 3. Go to Sheriff Department at lunch time.

I had my permit a few years ago and let it expire. I has a shoulder injury and was unable to do any shooting of any type. I am a little confused about the whold process maybe I should not question it just go with the flow. Since I let my permit expire more than 5 years ago, I was told that it a whole new application process, it should take about 45 days. December 27 till January 3 is 7 days about 3 working days.

Now just need to go and do some shooting at a range. Join a gun glub and have fun. I need to see how good the doctor was on my shoulder.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old January 4th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Administrator

(Jefferson County)
knight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to knight0334 Send a message via AIM to knight0334 Send a message via MSN to knight0334 Send a message via Yahoo to knight0334
Default Re: Carry Permit for Allegheny County

Quote:
Originally Posted by school89 View Post
Not sure if this is the correct forum or not. If not I am sorry!!!

I am amazed as to how quickly I got my yellow card back from the Sheriff Department. I applied on December 27, 2007 amd they stamped the card December 28 and I received it January 3. Go to Sheriff Department at lunch time.

I had my permit a few years ago and let it expire. I has a shoulder injury and was unable to do any shooting of any type. I am a little confused about the whold process maybe I should not question it just go with the flow. Since I let my permit expire more than 5 years ago, I was told that it a whole new application process, it should take about 45 days. December 27 till January 3 is 7 days about 3 working days.

Now just need to go and do some shooting at a range. Join a gun glub and have fun. I need to see how good the doctor was on my shoulder.
The law says that the Sheriff has up to 45 days to issue or deny a license... 7 days is pretty good from what I've heard about urban type counties.
Old January 4th, 2008, 11:59 AM

tourrider has a brilliant futuretourrider has a brilliant futuretourrider has a brilliant futuretourrider has a brilliant futuretourrider has a brilliant futuretourrider has a brilliant futuretourrider has a brilliant futuretourrider has a brilliant futuretourrider has a brilliant futuretourrider has a brilliant futuretourrider has a brilliant future

Avg lately has been 21 days. 7 days is probably a record, or a mistake
Old January 4th, 2008, 12:48 PM

(Allegheny County)
00gt1 has a reputation beyond repute00gt1 has a reputation beyond repute00gt1 has a reputation beyond repute00gt1 has a reputation beyond repute00gt1 has a reputation beyond repute00gt1 has a reputation beyond repute00gt1 has a reputation beyond repute00gt1 has a reputation beyond repute00gt1 has a reputation beyond repute00gt1 has a reputation beyond repute00gt1 has a reputation beyond repute

i got mine in about 3 weeks on the money

‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’

— James Earl Jones
Old January 4th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Grand Member

(Allegheny County)
DaveM55 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM55 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM55 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM55 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM55 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM55 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM55 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM55 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM55 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM55 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM55 has a reputation beyond repute

I just got new passport from the State Department in less than 3 weeks.

Old January 4th, 2008, 12:55 PM

(Allegheny County)
dirksterg30 has a reputation beyond reputedirksterg30 has a reputation beyond reputedirksterg30 has a reputation beyond reputedirksterg30 has a reputation beyond reputedirksterg30 has a reputation beyond reputedirksterg30 has a reputation beyond reputedirksterg30 has a reputation beyond reputedirksterg30 has a reputation beyond reputedirksterg30 has a reputation beyond reputedirksterg30 has a reputation beyond reputedirksterg30 has a reputation beyond repute

school89,

I'm glad you got your permit so quickly. I live close to you (Upper St. Clair, or as I like to call it, Lower St. Clair - the middle class part of USC). I am a member of Dormont-Mt. Lebanon Sportsmen's Club, which meets in North Strabane. If you are interested, I could show you the club.
Old January 4th, 2008, 12:59 PM

(Allegheny County)
mpi has a reputation beyond reputempi has a reputation beyond reputempi has a reputation beyond reputempi has a reputation beyond reputempi has a reputation beyond reputempi has a reputation beyond reputempi has a reputation beyond reputempi has a reputation beyond reputempi has a reputation beyond reputempi has a reputation beyond reputempi has a reputation beyond repute

That's one of the no holster play clubs, right?
Old January 4th, 2008, 02:47 PM

(Allegheny County)
dirksterg30 has a reputation beyond reputedirksterg30 has a reputation beyond reputedirksterg30 has a reputation beyond reputedirksterg30 has a reputation beyond reputedirksterg30 has a reputation beyond reputedirksterg30 has a reputation beyond reputedirksterg30 has a reputation beyond reputedirksterg30 has a reputation beyond reputedirksterg30 has a reputation beyond reputedirksterg30 has a reputation beyond reputedirksterg30 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpi View Post
That's one of the no holster play clubs, right?
Unfortunately, yes.