(Allegheny County)

Default Re: List of Shops Around Pittsburgh

I give a 4 star to anthony arms would get 5 but gunsmith ruined that
    I give a 4 to federal fireamrs due to them stop selling bow stuff
    and firearms unlimited is closed so you can take that off

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by BIG MIKE 2003 View Post
    YOU ALL NEED TO GO TO JOHN BROWN'S IN ROCHESTER.

IF YOU NEED A GUN HE HAS IT SOMEWHERE IN THE SHOP THIS PLACE GET'S A BIG 10 IN MY BOOK GUY'S ARE ALL HELPFUL AND THE PEOPLE IN THE SHOP WILL GIVE ADVICE ABOUT THE TOY YOUR LOOKING AT...........
    My favorite as well. I live 5 min from Ace, and they are good, but I think John Brown's is excellent. Great selection of used guns and never tries to sell something more expensive.

I still go to Ace at least once or twice a week just because it's there.

(Allegheny County)

I updated the list with the shops that you guys have mentioned and your ratings. Negative ratings were assigned to 0. Ratings outside of the 0 to 5 range were scaled down, e.g., 10 became 5. Scores are averaged for a given shop and assigned a nifty icon based on that average score. Scores are also listed with each shop and link to the person's post so that people can read the review.

Quite a few people left reviews without a rating, so I was unable to provide the rating--
    It'd be awesome if you guys could reply to your 'review post' and leave a rating in the new post, so that I can easily update the ratings.

Awesome work guys. This is the UBER LIST!
    Last edited by addicted2freedom; December 9th, 2008 at 01:53 PM.

(Allegheny County)

I've got to give Anthony Arms a "1", and Bravermans a "2". Both for (I can't be bothered) attitudes when dealing with customers.

Sportsman's Warehouse I'll give a 3. They have a decent selection, but are out of stock way to often.

Powell Gun's I'll give a 4. Bill's a nice guy and has some decent prices. He'd get a 5 if it wasn't for his limited hours of operation.
    Last edited by Hawk; December 9th, 2008 at 02:35 PM.
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Re: List of Shops Around Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    For what it's worth-

High Tech Handguns in McCandless is overpriced & the shop is run as a hobby. I have stopped several times during their normal hours - only to find it closed with a sign on it - "be right back". Spoke with the owner on the phone - prices are high.
    I had nothing but good experiences there, Jeff is a nice guy to talk to. The store is very small, mostly a know what you want and have them order type. Ya you do have to ring the door bell most of the time since he is probably upstairs or sometimes at the bank. Ordered my ar there, and was talking with him about doing a few more purchases there as well.

I vote 4 stars.

http://www.hightechhandguns.com/home.html

9012 Perry Highway
    Pittsburgh, PA 15237
    412-367-9294
    info@hightechhandguns.com

Hours

Monday and Thursday by Appointment

Tuesday - Wednesday - Friday
    10 am - 7 pm

Saturday
    9 am - 3 pm

Closed Sunday

(Allegheny County)

I'd like to give a big 5 to the guys at The Shooters Bench.

I'm a bit of a noob, just got into shooting this year, but those guys have always been very patient and happy to explain/show me anything I've asked about. I've bought both of my guns so far from them.

Was in there today to take back a holster that didn't work out too good for my pistol. Ed (I believe that's his name ? owner-guy) couldn't have been more helpful, took his time and picked out a few for me to try out.

All in all just a great experience everytime I've been there.

Also I'd like to give a big fat 0 to the Dicks Sporting Goods at the Pittsburgh Mills Mall.

I've been in there countless times (my g/f is in there buying her kids sports stuff all the time), and naturally I wander over to the guns. I've been there at least 10 times, and not once has any of the people working there asked can they help me, nothing.

Most of the times I have been the only one in the whole gun section, they see me, standing at the counter, just walk on by, or if you do ask them something they seem annoyed that they even have to talk to you.

I just purchased from Anthony Arms today and I would have to give them a 4.5. They had a great selection of guns especially ones that i have been looking around for. As for the price I woudl have to agree that they are a little pricey, I spent a lot more than I budgeted for but then again I fell in love with my M&P 9c at first sight.

I was helped immediately once I stepped in the door by two different guys who were great they helped me out deciding knocked the price off a few things for me. But i met a guy at the range after my purchase who was a little full of him self but still helped me out.

i would recommend the shop but would suggest that you have in mind what you want before you go in. I think they were nice because I had specific questions about particular guns and wasnt shopping around and asking to fondle every gun in the store as this other guy was doing when i was making the purchase. (the guy didnt look to happy)

(Allegheny County)

+1 on knowing what you before going in, don't bother to call them as they will lie to you on the phone to get you to come in. they did this to me several times including once when i was actually in the store when i called.
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    Here are 2 of my favorites...both highly recommended!

Bee's Guns

961 County Rd.
    Saltsburg, PA 15681
    724-639-9707

Latrobe Army Navy Store and Indoor Pistol Range
    800 Ligonier Street
    Latrobe, Pennsylvania 15650
    724-537-3861

I grew up in Latrobe and have shopped at the Army and Navy and I must say that they are WAY overpriced. $575 OTD for a new Glock 17? No thanks.

Also, Lock Stock and Barrel in New Alexandria is in the basement of a house basically. Not a big selection, but the owner is nice.

(Westmoreland County)

I would give Steel Valley Arms a 4.5/5.
    Very easy to deal with. Best prices out off all the shops listed here for Glocks. He has small selection in the store, but will order to suit. -.5 limited in stock selection.

Anthony Arms is hard to rate. I was going to purchase there, but the employee waiting on me decided I wasn't as important as someone looking at a more expensive firearm. Anthony Arms has a wide selection, but no helpful employees. 1/5. -1 Not enough help, -1 for "too busy to deal with you attitude", -1 for pricing, and -1 for not having a full size Glock 21. Only had the SF.

The Gander Mountain in West Mifflin is expensive, but the help there is willing to actually help you. So if you want to pay +$50 on top of going rates, but get your questions answered, I would reccomend. 3/5 -1 for price, -1 for retail enviroment.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast