Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 33 of 222 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Viper's OC log

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Viper's OC log

Quote Originally Posted by libra8 View Post
    "I hear that. I go to New Jersey a lot and I carry there, too."

I wonder how many other wise law abiding citizens carry illegally in NJ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    I didn't mean that he was wise for breaking the law. As we talked I made sure to make it clear that he needs to be very careful - balancing the right to preservation and the right to not get locked up for breaking the law is not a fun game to play.
    I think libra8 meant "otherwise", not "other wise". It rather changes the meaning of the sentence.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Delaware County)

So, I got into a pretty wicked car accident this afternoon coming home from some errands. The moral of the story is - just hit the goddamned squirrel. It's not worth it to keep from killing some idiot animal if you end up on the wrong side of the highway with a car that won't start.

Anyway - I'm fine - but the car isn't. Right after it happened and I came to rest, another driver stopped to see if I was okay, and flagged down a squad car. The officer wasn't from that jurisdiction, but he called the correct PD for me so as not to bother the 9-1-1 line. I got out of the car and assessed the damage, and the officer and I chatted. After a couple of minutes, he noticed that I was armed.
    "So...are you a cop or something?"
    "No, but I have a license to carry, so it's cool."
    "Okay...when the other officers get here they are probably want to see your license for that."

By the time the correct officer arrived, I had all my information together - DL, reg, insurance, and my Utah permit since I was clearly in a vehicle and was openly carrying.

"What's this you're handing me?"
    "All my vehicle stuff, and my gun permit."
    "Oh. You got a gun on you?"
    "Yep."
    "Where is it?"
    "On my hip."
    "Okay."

He poked through my vehicle paperwork for a moment, then lent over to see the pistol - I told him it was on the other side, and he said, "Oh, you're a lefty."

A few more officers showed up, one of which asked me whether or not the gun was loaded, but beyond that, everything was extremely straight ahead.

An ambulance showed up, and one of the EMTs hopped out - the first thing he said was "Nice gun." He knew my name before I told it to him. Turns out, he and I are Facebook friends, so I'm sure he'll check in here shortly.

A little bit later, the first thing the officer gave back to me was my gun permit. "Listen - I know you're legal to carry openly and that it's your right, but I wanted to thank you for showing me the courtesy of being upfront right away. I know the law and there's no obligation to inform me of anything, but thanks for being so courteous." The way I figured it, under the circumstances, it was appropriate to be upfront since I was obviously just carrying in a vehicle.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    So, I got into a pretty wicked car accident this afternoon coming home from some errands. The moral of the story is - just hit the goddamned squirrel. It's not worth it to keep from killing some idiot animal if you end up on the wrong side of the highway with a car that won't start.

Anyway - I'm fine - but the car isn't. Right after it happened and I came to rest, another driver stopped to see if I was okay, and flagged down a squad car. The officer wasn't from that jurisdiction, but he called the correct PD for me so as not to bother the 9-1-1 line. I got out of the car and assessed the damage, and the officer and I chatted. After a couple of minutes, he noticed that I was armed.
    "So...are you a cop or something?"
    "No, but I have a license to carry, so it's cool."
    "Okay...when the other officers get here they are probably want to see your license for that."

By the time the correct officer arrived, I had all my information together - DL, reg, insurance, and my Utah permit since I was clearly in a vehicle and was openly carrying.

"What's this you're handing me?"
    "All my vehicle stuff, and my gun permit."
    "Oh. You got a gun on you?"
    "Yep."
    "Where is it?"
    "On my hip."
    "Okay."

He poked through my vehicle paperwork for a moment, then lent over to see the pistol - I told him it was on the other side, and he said, "Oh, you're a lefty."

A few more officers showed up, one of which asked me whether or not the gun was loaded, but beyond that, everything was extremely straight ahead.

An ambulance showed up, and one of the EMTs hopped out - the first thing he said was "Nice gun." He knew my name before I told it to him. Turns out, he and I are Facebook friends, so I'm sure he'll check in here shortly.

A little bit later, the first thing the officer gave back to me was my gun permit. "Listen - I know you're legal to carry openly and that it's your right, but I wanted to thank you for showing me the courtesy of being upfront right away. I know the law and there's no obligation to inform me of anything, but thanks for being so courteous." The way I figured it, under the circumstances, it was appropriate to be upfront since I was obviously just carrying in a vehicle.
    Plus you might not have been at your peak mentaly. I can't find fault in what you did under the circumstances.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Bucks County)

Good encounter for you, but not so much the car. The squirrel lives to high five another day.

(Delaware County)

Hummm ..... I wonder if it was "The Squirrel" .....

http://lifeisaroad.com/stories/2004/...iceStreet.html

(Bucks County)

Just read that story. Holy crap, that was funny.

(York County)

Glad to hear you were not hurt. Is the car salvageable?

(Delaware County)

Did the accident happen in springfield? I was out and about around 3:00pm and I saw an excessive amount of Springfield PD flying around to get somewhere important.

Anyway, glad you're ok and I hope you can salvage your ride.

Best,

Kobsw

(Chester County)

Always hit the critter... Squirrels especially. That advice is right from my insurance agent.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Beaver County)

Cars and things can be replaced. As long as you're OK, that's the most important thing. i'm sure you're going to be sore as hell tomorrow. Was PiP with you when this happened? If so, I hope she's OK as well.

Page 33 of 222 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast