Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Bucks County-Michael Ozlek

I wanted to give you guys a warning about Michael Ozlek. Michael Ozlek and I entered into an agreement through another firearm forum on 3/6/2012 for me to buy his Smith&Wesson Model 36 revolver with speed loader, 3 holsters and ammunition for $320 to be shipped to my FFL. I talked to Michael Ozlek on the phone on 3/6/2012 and sent a USPS money order on 3/7/2012 which he was notified of at 2:09PM on the same day, replied back from his Verizon Wireless phone at 2:31PM acknowledging that it had been sent.

In the meantime, on 3/8/2012 Michael Ozlek sold that same gun to a member on this forum in person. I talked to Michael Ozlek via email on 3/9/2012 asking if he had gotten the money order in the mail, he stated he hadn't, never mentioning that he had sold the gun. I emailed Michael Ozlek on 3/12/2012 and he again stated it had not come yet and wanted to give it some more time when I suggested cancelling the money order and getting a new one. Michael Ozlek emailed me on 3/14/2012 letting me know the money order had arrived the day before and the gun would be shipped out "on Wednesday" which was the current day.

I emailed him on 3/20/2012 with no response. I noticed that Michael Ozlek was on this forum so I registered and talked to a member he made a sale with a week ago. You can not imagine the surprise that came over me when Chez323 notified me that he had bought the S&W Model 36 and accessories that I described. I was able to make phone contact with Michael Ozlek on 3/22/2012 after contacting another member of his family and they relayed the message to him, I then got a call from him. He stated that he had the pistol but now all of a sudden it needed repairs because the timing was off. I advised him that I know that he sold the pistol locally to a member of this forum and gave him the member's name. He stated that he didn't know anyone by that name nor had he sold a S&W Model 36 on or around March 8, 2012. This is even more obviously a lie because I was pointed to a post on another forum where Chez323 posted a picture of his new S&W Model 36 and Michael Ozlek, screen name "Gmilo", commented on the picture and telling the buyer he hopes that he enjoys his new purchase.

Michael Ozlek refused to own up to the fact that he sold the gun and offered to let me wait while he supposedly sends the gun I was to buy to get fixed or a refund. I advised him that I wanted a refund in the form of a USPS money order sent priority mail with tracking. He refused. He offered to send it however it was sent originally. He had my money in his hand 9 days at this point and the only reason he contacted me was because I made contact with his daughter who in turn let him know I expected a call back and would be contacting the authorities if he didn't give me a refund. So instead of admitting that he had been caught and paying the $2.87 it would have cost him to send my money back Priority mail with tracking he let me know that I could pay the $2.87 and he would send it out Friday because he simply didn't have time on 3/22/2012 because he was having issues with his fiance and would never see her again after this day. I finally agreed just to be done with the whole ordeal. So 3/23/2012 passed with no contact from Michael Ozlek. I contact him at 5:06PM with no answer and I leave him a voicemail stating that he obviously hasn't held up his end of the deal as I had no tracking number. Hours later I get a text stating "I am at a school play. I have been busy. Your money has been sent. Give me a break." This is where I decided that my restraint has ended. I text back "Give you a break? You have to be f****** kidding me." He then sends me a few texts with some choice words. No tracking number though. I am done with Michael Ozlek at this point. I am hoping at this point that he doesn't send my money because being self employed will allow me to go up to Croydon and press charges and attend court to put this scumbag behind bars.

I got 3 calls on Sunday morning starting at 6:54 AM from Michael Ozlek. I of course do not answer because I need nothing more from him. He leaves two messages stating that he finally has time to talk on the phone and would be more than happy to explain what has happened with my money and my gun if I would give him a call back. I already know beyond a shadow of a doubt what has occurred. I have initiated a trace on the USPS money order I sent Michael Ozlek and will be using that as evidence to prosecute him for mail fraud should I not see a full return of the $320 I sent him.

His daughter was nice enough to clue me in as to his character and here are a few excerpts that I have stored in emails:

"I was thinking of taking "ozlek" out of my name so I have no ties to him.. he hae stolen from everyone I can think of. He got a.credit card in my name when I was under age and maxed it out. I know how he is."

When she found some info I had posted about Michael Ozlek online I asked if she had googled him and she replied:

"I do it about once a month to see if he's in jail"

She also confirmed that he is a scammer and will do whatever he can get away with but he makes sure to keep the scam legal once he knows that the victim is willing to get the police involved. Just as I had suspected. She shared much more than that about him and her complete disdain for him, but it is not pertinent to this matter.

I just want everyone to know what kind of person Michael Ozlek AKA "Gmilo" is and want to warn all those that may come into contact with him.

Michael Ozlek
    608 Patterson Avenue
    Croydon, PA 19021

484-302-1928
    Last edited by JoelCase; April 7th, 2012 at 12:29 AM.

(Warren County)

Default Re: Bucks County-Michael Ozlek

Hopefully you will get your money back as I can confirm without a doubt that I bought that model 36 off of him. The same one he sold you on another forum. If you need any further assistance from me just let me know.

People like this give the forum a bad name.............
    Tim , USAF Ret.

Geez man...I'm really sorry to hear about this situation. Myself, I just can't imagine scamming someone, particularly for a mere $320...my name is worth way more than that to me. I have to wonder if with his track record (as alledged) if he legally possessed the firearm in question. I wish you the best of luck in resolving this. If you do get up to Croydon drop me a line, I know my way around the place.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Berks County)

Thanks for the warning! Hope all ends well for you.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I pmed him on here today and he asked me "who are you?" after asking where my money order was. That is interesting since I use a screen name that is my real first and last name. This guy is a piece of work for sure, glad I could warn y'all. And I will let you know if I am in the area, at the present I am working on getting some paperwork that will be used as evidence. If I am in the area I will probably be in and out in one day for the court proceedings.
    Last edited by JoelCase; April 7th, 2012 at 02:18 AM.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoelCase View Post
    Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I pmed him on here today and he asked me "who are you?" after asking where my money order was. That is interested since I use a screen name that is my real first and last name. This guy is a piece of work for sure, glad I could warn y'all. And I will let you know if I am in the area, at the present I am working on getting some paperwork that will be used as evidence. If I am in the area I will probably be in and out in one day for the court proceedings.
    Let me know if you want any hired hands, i know a few people who could really help you out in gettin the low down on him. I can research his past arrest records if you would like.
    One shot kill is great but a big explosion is better.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnin-for-the-big-one View Post
    Let me know if you want any hired hands, i know a few people who could really help you out in gettin the low down on him. I can research his past arrest records if you would like.
    I appreciate it, but I have an open line of communication with one of his daughters. I was able to find a good bit on my own. I have a file on him and contacts of his that I am keeping and adding on to as I dig up more info. But I am open to any free info that is brought to me.

(Bucks County)

Thanks for the heads up. Sorry you got burned, everyones been burned at some point and it really sucks. I hope you dont think badly about pa gun enthusiats. Everyone ive had the pleasure of meeting on this forum has been great. There just seems to always be one bad egg screwing around.

(Lancaster County)

Why aren't you out there right now swearing out a criminal complaint against him? You mailed him money, right there that's mail fraud. You shouldn't be out here posting about it, go file charges.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Why aren't you out there right now swearing out a criminal complaint against him? You mailed him money, right there that's mail fraud. You shouldn't be out here posting about it, go file charges.
    I am awaiting the money order trace to come in so I have all my paperwork in order.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast