Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: H&R Model 929, what's it worth?

I am looking for a H&R 999 "Sportsmann" 22cal. 5 or6" barrel,that's in good
    condition. Have you got one for sale?

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Yeah, too bad - I grew up 30 mins from the H&R plant in Worcester, and it was the first gun my Dad and I use to go shooting with ( model 922 ). Knight, I thought NEF picked up where H&R left off ? I know some of NEF's pistols are the same as H&R old models ( like my R73 ) ?
    H&R's are like crack, once you have one or two - you want more ! I've picked up two more in the past two weeks ( a Sportsman 999 and an old vest pocket 22 ).
    H&R owns NEF. With NEF having made similar guns to H&R is like Chevy making similar trucks to the master company, GMC. There was a short period where NEF made along side H&R some handguns after the reformation up into sometime in the '90s. I too have a R73, a "NG" serial number made in 1992. Handgun production stopped sometime in the mid '90s for both companies. I think it was when the company re-corp'd as H&R 1871, Inc. After that point H&R/NEF only made starter/blank revolvers for some years. They too have been since removed from their website.

Jim, aka "32 Magnum", will know better as to the exact details. I really cant remember precisely the years when things changed around.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramrod46 View Post
    I think I saw one for sale in the classified here a couple weeks ago.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramrod46 View Post
    Just picked mine up and love it - not for sale. There are a couple on gunbroker, one's at $205 bid so far and one started at $299 - both seem to be in good shape. I got a great price on mine, and in excellent shape - I love it, you won't be disappointed if you pick one up. Good luck!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    H&R owns NEF. With NEF having made similar guns to H&R is like Chevy making similar trucks to the master company, GMC. There was a short period where NEF made along side H&R some handguns after the reformation up into sometime in the '90s. I too have a R73, a "NG" serial number made in 1992. Handgun production stopped sometime in the mid '90s for both companies. I think it was when the company re-corp'd as H&R 1871, Inc. After that point H&R/NEF only made starter/blank revolvers for some years. They too have been since removed from their website.

Jim, aka "32 Magnum", will know better as to the exact details. I really cant remember precisely the years when things changed around.
    Thanks - I knew the NEF were continuations of H&R just didn't know all the details - and you're right, Jim is the expert ! My R73 is a "ND" serial number so I'm assuming '89? Thanks again for the info!

Here's a pic of my model 929.
    1980 manufacture Unfired with box.

Also have a couple more H&R's here's a few more pics

(Pike County)

I was on GunBroker looking for a 929 and saw two. One was for $149 but it had some rust and pitting in the bore. Another was for $300 with all the paperwork in excellent condition. Not too many choices though.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Cumberland County)

Talking Re: H&R Model 929, what's it worth?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesjo View Post
    Here's a pic of my model 929.
    1980 manufacture Unfired with box.

Also have a couple more H&R's here's a few more pics

I hate you That is one beautiful collection - if you ever get tired of any, send me a note - lol. Very, very nice!

(Northampton County)

Someone I know came to me today inquiring about the worth of a H&R Model 929 .22LR revolver that he got from his father recently, he's going to keep it but was interested to see what it's worth. Looking online I can see one is worth between $150-$200 without the paperwork, which he doesn't have. I just wanted to get a confirmation on that. He doesn't know much about it other than his father purchased in the 1950's (At least he thinks) and has enjoyed plinking and hunting small game with it for decades
    LIFE IN PA,That 929 with an 'AY' prefix was made in 1982 - it is a 2nd Model (1974 - 1986). It has the transfer bar safety/ignition system. Came with 2 1/2" round butt, 4" or 6" square but and only in blued finish. The 929 models were one of the most popular H&R .22s for plinking and general shooting. Current retail values (as I've observed) will top out just above $200 with papers and box. Nice guns.
    Last edited by 32 Magnum; March 21st, 2012 at 03:13 PM.
    Jim Hauff H&R Collector In memory of my friends Bill Goforth and Jim Ritchie.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Odd thing is if the serial number starts with AY which I think is what it shows, by my H&R chart that is 1982 not 50's ( 50's run from K prefix through V - after going to Z, Serial numbers began AA, AB, etc. in 1964? Also, I think all 50's guns were in Worcester plant, not Gardner, Gardner was newer location ? Jim H. will probably reply as some point hopefully, he's the expert on H&R's for sure !
    I think $200 in excellent shape is about right - perhaps $250 if you're lucky
    Jim, please let me know if my date codes are correct Nice looking gun, I have several H&R's and enjoy them all.
    Cruzans, you got it, buddy. AA = 64. Gardner name begins to show up on the frames in 1971- 72 - probably due to using older marked stock after the change.
    Jim Hauff H&R Collector In memory of my friends Bill Goforth and Jim Ritchie.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast