View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2011, 06:46 AM

(Allegheny County)
tacticool has a reputation beyond reputetacticool has a reputation beyond reputetacticool has a reputation beyond reputetacticool has a reputation beyond reputetacticool has a reputation beyond reputetacticool has a reputation beyond reputetacticool has a reputation beyond reputetacticool has a reputation beyond reputetacticool has a reputation beyond reputetacticool has a reputation beyond reputetacticool has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obama and the Gun Nuts

I agree that Obama has not taken any direct legislative action against gun rights. However, I still believe he would support infringments on the Second Amendment if he could politically afford to do so. This is the "stealth threat" that the article dismisses. However, I believe there is ample evidence that the claim is true, specifically his comments to Sarah Brady about working on gun control "under the radar" and his stated support for the Assault Weapons Ban.

It's pretty clear that the only reason Obama is not calling for gun control is because it would be political suicide to do so. I have no doubt that he would infringe on our rights if he thought he could get away with it.