Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citadel 1911?

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Default Citadel 1911?

I was at my local gun shop not long ago and I mentioned that I would be in the market for a 1911 soon. My FFL showed me some Citadel 1911's and said that everyone that bought them so far liked them, although he said he had no experience with them. I did some research and saw they are made by Armscor, which I believe also makes RIA 1911's. Anyone know anything about them? Quality any good? Anyone have one?
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

Default Re: Citadel 1911?

check out http://forums.1911forum.com/

I had one and loved it, was on par for function and fit with my kimber. Only reason Kimber won out was the weight.
    Tantric Shooting Team

I have one and love it. I've only put 150 rounds through it so it's not broken in yet, need about 500 rounds for that. The manual tells you the feed ramp is made for ball ammo and that turned out to be very true. I had 50 rounds of Federal ball, 50 rounds of my reloads in 230 gr. lead ball, and 50 rounds of my 230 gr. LSWC. All the ball ammo fed and fired without a flaw. With the LSWC I had 5 FTF, just like the manual said. I don't see that as the gun's fault, they told me it would do that. I was shooting at a Lucky Gunner's Happy Face target at 15 yards. My first 6 round took out the right eye. Then I started shooting at the apple and owned it. I move the target to 25 yards and every round hit the face. That's good shooting for me. I got the one with the Novak Style Sights because the old eyes are going. How can you go wrong, it's a 1911. And yes, someone will find a way it can go wrong.

(Monroe County)

I love my Citadel. I've put about 350 rounds through it. I only had 2 failures to feed in the first box after that the gun has been flawless. I have only shot ball through it, as I have heard that they have less problems feeding HP's when they are completely broken in. The gun is extremely accurate and I can keep all my shots within a 6 in circle when I take my time.

(Centre County)

Citadel is rebudged Armscore isn't it?
    If so, I have but nothing but good thing to say about Armscore.
    I have 9mm version of Armscore 1911, and I swear to god, its easier to shoot them my Springfield Loaded 1911 9mm...
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Montgomery County)

I don't think you can go wrong, as I have a RIA and love it. Armscore makes a fine 1911. The only recent development that may be a factor in your/anyone's decision to purchase (IMO), is the release of the Ruger SR1911. Depending where you buy, the RIA and Citadel pistols can range from the mid $400's to the mid $500's. Quite a bargain for a great gun. But, here in Bucks County, Tanner's is selling the Ruger SR1911 for $619. I bought my RIA tactical two-tone for $399 used, but new (same shop), it goes for $515. For $104 more, now, if buying new, I might be inclinded to go with the American made Ruger. I'm not saying I definitely would. I'm just saying it's not a whole lot more money, and it's worth considering as an alternative.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Centre County)

Just picked up my Rock Island Armory 9mm Tactical today from the FFL and was $484 out the door. Armscor manufactors both of those brands. I'll let you know how it shoots when I can get to the range....

Edit; It seems someone two posts up buys all the 9mm 1911's in the area.....
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Monroe County)

I believe its basically the same thing as RIA, just imported by a different company. Personally i love my RIA
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Cumberland County)

I've heard nothing but good, just like RIA. I don't own a Citadel, but own several RIA's and they can't be beat - absolutley best value for the $ !

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Thanks for the input everyone. I knew if any group of people had knowledge of this gun, it would be this group. So now I have something else on my list of things I want...now how to convince the wife?
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast